Coming from D1.. Losing the physical keyboard

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by socav, Jul 14, 2011.

1. socav

socav New Member

Anyone upgrade from the D1 to the Charge? How did you handle losing the physical keyboard? I use my keyboard a lot and don't want to lose it.. however I really want a 4G phone. Thoughts?
  2. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

I left my moto droid for the droid x recently and I still miss the physical keyboard... You can always wait until a 4g phone with keyboard comes out... Unless you need a faster right now...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  3. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

I to thought I would never get use to touch screen now im so use to it I cant imagine carrying around the extra weight, youll get use to it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  4. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 New Member

Went from Droid 1 to Droid 2 to charge. No problem whatsoever. The screen is a lot bigger which means the touch keyboard is bigger and way easier to use. 4G is awesome. Go for it

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  5. zerosignal0

zerosignal0 New Member

I came from an OG droid to the charge and while I did love the keyboard I can deal with the on-screen keyboard as long as its the gingerbread one and not the stock one. As far as other decisions the droid 3 is making its way out with a slider keyboard and getting great reviews (but isn't 4g).
  6. nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers New Member

I went from D1 to a DX2 and I was glad to lose that keyboard. Never used it and I found it a PITA to use. Love the bigger screen that DX2 offers. dancedroid
  7. Schoat333

Schoat333 New Member

I left my D1 for the charge. I actually only used the D1 keyboard when playing Snesoid, so it isn't too hard of an adjustment for me. I prefer the touchscreen keyboard.
  8. whiteblazer01

whiteblazer01 New Member

I came from the Touch Pro 2 with the infamously amazing keyboard. I had that phone since it came out, and it's 3 predecessors before. I thought I would hate the touch screen keyboard, but on this large screen, it's not so bad.

One thing that bits me is I no longer have the directional keys. I type a lot (as you can see), and I also am a perfectionist, so I don't like to misspell words (I don't do shorthand code in text messages either).

I also recommend the Gingerbread keyboard. Better than stock.
  9. jwd45244

jwd45244 New Member

SwiftKey X is an outstanding touch keyboard. I don't miss not having my slide out keyboard at all.