Coming from Bionic....

kevins686

Reaction score
I loved my bionic.....when I worked :-D

Same with my Thunderbolt. In those sublime moments when the battery was full, the data connection was in place, the phone wasn't in the midst of a random reboot, and when the inner four planets were in perfect alignment, all was right with my world.

RoWilJr

Reaction score
Same with my Thunderbolt. In those sublime moments when the battery was full, the data connection was in place, the phone wasn't in the midst of a random reboot, and when the inner four planets were in perfect alignment, all was right with my world.

Exactly! When all was right in the universe, the Thunderbolt was a beast...

Sent from my DROID Safety RAZR

Oldcrow

Reaction score
Thank you for this thread mdotytx! I have a friend who works at a Verizon corporate store who is going to hook me up.

This has sealed the deal for me. I just have one question for you - Is the speaker on the Droid as loud as the Bionic? I listen to a lot of streaming audio and love how loud the Bionic is on ICS leaks.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oldcrow said:
Thank you for this thread mdotytx! I have a friend who works at a Verizon corporate store who is going to hook me up.

This has sealed the deal for me. I just have one question for you - Is the speaker on the Droid as loud as the Bionic? I listen to a lot of streaming audio and love how loud the Bionic is on ICS leaks.

Your getting the regular razor or the max?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
mdotytx

mdotytx

Reaction score
Oldcrow said:

The speaker sounds the same to me :)

Oldcrow

Reaction score
Most likely the Razr. I've read several threads that suggest that calling Verizon and applying a little social engineering can get the MAXX.

Is the MAXX that much better?

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oldcrow said:
Most likely the Razr. I've read several threads that suggest that calling Verizon and applying a little social engineering can get the MAXX.

Is the MAXX that much better?

Well if you already spoke to them it's too late but since all 3 phones came from Motorola. And work released kind of at the same time. I'm guessing that they sound about the same.

Oldcrow

Reaction score
It's not a done deal yet, which is why I'm still exploring my options. With the .232 ICS leak, I'm pretty darn happy with the Bionic.
What are the odds that the two newer phones will get Jellybean?

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oldcrow said:
It's not a done deal yet, which is why I'm still exploring my options. With the .232 ICS leak, I'm pretty darn happy with the Bionic.
What are the odds that the two newer phones will get Jellybean?

Not likely at all. Now this is just my opinion so don't get mad lol but I haven't seen a phone have three different os's
All three had ginger bread, moving to ics chances of it changing a third time.. not likely. If your looking for jellybean go with the nexus

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
I say anyone with a Bionic should do what I did - call Verizon and dump it.

The problem with that is not everyone with a bionic wants a razr.

I bought mine before razr released, and i took a look at the razr considering the possibility of trading up. I decided after having it in my hand for a sort bit that i like the bionic much better. It feels better in my hand, both with extended and stock batteries, and i like the screen better (razr has nice color, but nothing beats the brightness of my screen...i love being able to see it in full sunlight).

The bionic has had issues, but they were mostly issues of support. I've had see issues with data drops, but never that bad until 905 (really? 902 was smooth with data, how can you revert that badly?), which is why I've taken the ICS leak. Once i did, I'm never going back, and I'm never getting what i consider a lesser (for me) repackaging of the same phone.

So, please, don't suggest that every bionic owner needs to do this.

Sent from my ICS Bionic

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing that the razor has going for it is how thin it is. The only thing that the max has going for it is its battery.

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
The problem with that is not everyone with a bionic wants a razr.

I bought mine before razr released, and i took a look at the razr considering the possibility of trading up. I decided after having it in my hand for a sort bit that i like the bionic much better. It feels better in my hand, both with extended and stock batteries, and i like the screen better (razr has nice color, but nothing beats the brightness of my screen...i love being able to see it in full sunlight).

The bionic has had issues, but they were mostly issues of support. I've had see issues with data drops, but never that bad until 905 (really? 902 was smooth with data, how can you revert that badly?), which is why I've taken the ICS leak. Once i did, I'm never going back, and I'm never getting what i consider a lesser (for me) repackaging of the same phone.

So, please, don't suggest that every bionic owner needs to do this.

Sent from my ICS Bionic

And just to clarify, I'm not saying the razr is a bad phone in the slightest. I'm saying it's not for everyone, and not for me.

Sent from my ICS Bionic

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I like my bionic.. I like my maxx's, I still like my x and x2... lol.