Coming from Bionic....

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
only to people on the ledge :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I've had no problem using any other charger with my RAZR maxx with other chargers. I even bought an isound 16000 mAh external battery pack, and it charges it fast.

Sent from My Droid RAZR MAXX with Tapatalk.

OP
mdotytx

mdotytx

Reaction score
I find that the factory charger does a quicker job of charging the battery then my car charger does

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Lol, well it depends on the amperage rating of the transformer. I have one factory charger that's rated for 500mA, the duo usb brick wall charger that came with it is rated at 750 mA, I have another one i think i had one that came with my Droid 2 global rated at 850 mA. The iSound portable 16000 mAh battery has ausb output of 2.1 A(or 2100 mA power usb port max, and 2.5 A total (out of all 5 Ports), so it charges faster than my wall chargers!

Sent from My Droid RAZR MAXX with Tapatalk.

clellisx

Reaction score
I "had" two Bionics. BOTH were data dropping monsters. I installed the 2231 ICS leak and it made a huge difference in downsizing the data drops not to mention Gingerbread is gawd awful rubbish if you ask me. With the leaks coming so fast I reverted back to OTA path expecting an ICS drop and there I sat waiting .................and waiting....................and waiting hitting update every day to be told my device was up to date. Aaaaaand the lovely data drops were back in full force as well.

To the point:
I had it with that stupid BIONIC and called Verizon - first tier wanted to run me through their tech support script. I told her I already factory reset, used RSD lite, and wiped cache/dalvic cache yadda yadda. She passed me to 2nd tier support. The tech was SUPER nice and told me the BIONIC was terrible at data drops and said the 905 OTA made things worse. Told him I wouldn't accept another Bionic because the old one was just as bad so he offered me me a Nexus and HTC something else or another. I said, "Nahhhh I'd really appreciate it if you can send me the MAXX and call it a day. He agreed. Next day the MAXX showed up.

My wife already had a MAXX and the ICS upgrade was a debacle on hers so I expected "bugs" on the new MAXX and I did find a few. My data drops have decreased immensely and because of that I can tolerate the bugs. Can't wait for ICS update though. To be perfectly honest the BIONIC leak that I used was smoother than the ICS on MAXX. Crazy thing ran a speed test on the leak and it pulled down 17 and up 5. With the MAXX speed test I average ~ 13 down and ~ 3 up. So with that being said they clearly "throttle" the phones. I have seen the MySQL lite hack - but honestly I'm not needing anything more than what I have. I now have a thinner lighter phone "no need for the bulky larger BIONIC battery" with excellent battery life not to
mention ICS.

I say anyone with a Bionic should do what I did - call Verizon and dump it. If Verizon is willing to take them back why not get one of the latest phones, enjoy ICS and update when your eligible for the refresh?!

RoWilJr

Reaction score
Data drops....lol'd! Came from the Thunderbolt....'nuff said.

kevins686

Reaction score
Data drops....lol'd! Came from the Thunderbolt....'nuff said.

I just came from the Thunderbolt as well. The data drops, random reboots, and horrid battery life combined to form a perfect trifecta of suckage. I am glad beyond glad to be out from under that POS.

RoWilJr

Reaction score
This^^^^^... Rooted it, changed the radios and gave it to my daughter!

Sent from my DROID RAZR