Coming from an iPhone 4

avanpelt

Reaction score
Hi, all.

I currently have an iPhone 4, but I am planning on returning it (within my 30 day return window) and going to Verizon for the Droid X.

My biggest problem with the iPhone 4 is that the proximity sensor isn't working properly. I'm "face dialing", muting, and hanging up on people left and right with my cheek. Very frustrating.

I've seen a lot of people talk about the Droid X, but I have two specific questions:

- How is the proximity sensor on the Droid X? I've seen plenty of threads with people complaining of proximity sensor problems with the Droid. I hope those have been resolved with the Droid X.

- How is call quality through the earpiece on the handset? How about on the speakerphone?

I plan to order the Droid X on Thursday via the Verizon website. Thanks in advance for any answers you guys can provide to my above questions.

Rubi22

Reaction score
I can't say much about most of your answers (only a handful of people have their hands on their X's), but I can assume the sound quality will be top notch considering the use of three microphones, and the "noise-cancelling" aspect.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
I have had Zero problems wiht the Prox sensor on my Droid 1 I'll have my DX hopefully on Thurs

OP
A

avanpelt

Reaction score
I have had Zero problems wiht the Prox sensor on my Droid 1 I'll have my DX hopefully on Thurs

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the proximity sensor. It's driving me crazy on the iPhone.

hendrix

Reaction score

The only issue i had was if i was outside when i started a call then walked inside. The sensor didn't compensate so i couldnt get the screen to come back on since it was darker and it thought it was still on my head.

As far as call quality, some reviewers have raved about how well it is.

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i had one of the girls at the vzw store let me mess around with her X. was not too big at all. the sound quality is great compared to my BB storm2.

jrl9851

Reaction score
Every single video I've seen comparing the iphone 4 to droid X say the droid x has superior call quality and speaker quality/volume.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Every single video I've seen comparing the iphone 4 to droid X say the droid x has superior call quality and speaker quality/volume.

Yes, thats one great thing reviewers are giving it, is the excellent call quality. I can't say much for the proximity sensor, but the only problem I've had, like someone else stated, was that sometimes when it was dark, the screen wouldn't get back on. Overall though, those two things are something you most likely have to be worried about with the Droid X. :)

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've had my moto-droid since November with no prox issues. It is the most awesome phone I have ever owned. But before I get labeled a fanboy, read on:) I have seen posts here complaining about long hair and the prox sensor. Not a lot, but some.

The Droid X isn't out until the 15th so there is still a few days left until the masses start using it. Think about the iPhone4 the day before the release. No word on issues about connectivity, antennas, etc.

I would walk into a store and demo the phone that is there. Run it through its paces on the issues you are worried about. Also check back here a couple days after the 15th to see people's reactions to it too. Moto did a great job with its previous phone so we are hopeful the same will hold true for the X. Honestly though, I bet folks who used the previous iPhone also thought the next one would be totally awesome too.

The proof is in the puddin' :) Good luck!

z06mike

Reaction score
The proximity sensor on this X is excellent. I had similar problems to what you have when I had Storm.
The sound quality is very good on this phone and the speakerphone is not very loud but works suprisingly well. You can have a conversation through it with no problems whatsoever, even while driving.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Please consider joining the Droid X forums. It's run by the same people who run this site, a whole site dedicated to the X.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
While you are busy with preordering and buying iPhone 4, we are busy with providing the best tool for iPhone 4 owners to enjoy their AVCHD recordings from HD camcorders on iPhone 4. iPhone 4 become their favourite portable device due to its multitasking, HD recording and retina display. In the versatile digital life, HD camcorders are the essential part for every family and HD camcorders recording has become one of the fun in the family trip or friends party. And how to put and play the memorable clips onto iPhone 4 has puzzled quite a number of people. Presently, numerous iPhone 4 users can get from from the trouble with the help of Brorsoft MTS Converter for Mac which helps people to enjoy the transfer from AVCHD to iPhone 4.

Following is the guide on how to convert AVCHD to iPhone 4 with Brorsoft MTS Converter for MAC.
After capturing videos from camcorder and transferring the AVCHD .mts/.m2ts videos to computer hard drive, you can download Brorsoft Mac MTS Converter, install and run it.
Step 1: Load AVCHD files to this program.
Click "Add" button to import AVCHD video files for further conversion and batch video files are allowed to be loaded due to its easy to use feature.

Step 2: Choose the output video formats for iPhone 4.
Click the "Format" drop list and you will find two output video profiles are provided, including iPhone 4 H.264 and iPhone 4MPEG 4. For HD camcorders' AVCHD video to iPhone 4, iPhone 4 H.264 is the best choice for you to get the HD output video files.
Step 3: Edit the original AVCHD. (Optional)
If you would like to perfect your original AVCHD, just click the "Editor" button at the top of this interface. You will move to the interface below and some editing options are offered to you, like trimming the video length by dragging the Start/End bar, cropping your unwanted parts, watermarking with image or video and replacing the original audio file with your preferred one.

Tips:
Joining several AVCHD video files into one and deinterlacing] the unclear pictures of the video files can be realized by ticking the checkboxes of "Merge into one file" and "Deinterlacing"
Step 4: Click the big "Convert" button to begin this conversion.
After a while, put the output iphone H.264 video to iTune and sync it to iPhone 4.
Hope Brorsoft MTS Converter for Mac becomes your ideal assisstant in your digital life.

dude no.....

Mad1ben2

Reaction score
I was a die-hard iphone owner for the last 3 years. So much so that I gave up the ability to use my iphone as an actual phone whenever I was at home or practically anywhere in my neighborhood (very poor ATT service in my hood). I got the iphone4 and had no plans of ever looking back.

After a week vacation with 2 brothers that have the droid 1 on verizon (my previous carrier), I realized Android has come a long way and that if I moved to the droid (X for me) from the iphone I wouldn't really be giving up anything and I had the amazing bonus of actually being able to use my cellphone as a phone whenever at home.

I converted and couldn't be happier.