Coming from an iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by avanpelt, Jul 11, 2010.

1. avanpelt

avanpelt New Member

Hi, all.

I currently have an iPhone 4, but I am planning on returning it (within my 30 day return window) and going to Verizon for the Droid X.

My biggest problem with the iPhone 4 is that the proximity sensor isn't working properly. I'm "face dialing", muting, and hanging up on people left and right with my cheek. Very frustrating.

I've seen a lot of people talk about the Droid X, but I have two specific questions:

- How is the proximity sensor on the Droid X? I've seen plenty of threads with people complaining of proximity sensor problems with the Droid. I hope those have been resolved with the Droid X.

- How is call quality through the earpiece on the handset? How about on the speakerphone?

I plan to order the Droid X on Thursday via the Verizon website. Thanks in advance for any answers you guys can provide to my above questions.
  2. Rubi22

Rubi22 New Member

I can't say much about most of your answers (only a handful of people have their hands on their X's), but I can assume the sound quality will be top notch considering the use of three microphones, and the "noise-cancelling" aspect.
  3. MrCapcom

MrCapcom New Member

I have had Zero problems wiht the Prox sensor on my Droid 1 I'll have my DX hopefully on Thurs
  4. avanpelt

avanpelt New Member

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the proximity sensor. It's driving me crazy on the iPhone.
  5. hendrix

hendrix New Member

The only issue i had was if i was outside when i started a call then walked inside. The sensor didn't compensate so i couldnt get the screen to come back on since it was darker and it thought it was still on my head.

As far as call quality, some reviewers have raved about how well it is.
  6. plumcrazy

plumcrazy Premium Member Premium Member

i had one of the girls at the vzw store let me mess around with her X. was not too big at all. the sound quality is great compared to my BB storm2.
  7. jrl9851

jrl9851 New Member

Every single video I've seen comparing the iphone 4 to droid X say the droid x has superior call quality and speaker quality/volume.
  8. EgooEspada

EgooEspada New Member

Yes, thats one great thing reviewers are giving it, is the excellent call quality. I can't say much for the proximity sensor, but the only problem I've had, like someone else stated, was that sometimes when it was dark, the screen wouldn't get back on. Overall though, those two things are something you most likely have to be worried about with the Droid X. :)
  9. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

I've had my moto-droid since November with no prox issues. It is the most awesome phone I have ever owned. But before I get labeled a fanboy, read on:) I have seen posts here complaining about long hair and the prox sensor. Not a lot, but some.

The Droid X isn't out until the 15th so there is still a few days left until the masses start using it. Think about the iPhone4 the day before the release. No word on issues about connectivity, antennas, etc.

I would walk into a store and demo the phone that is there. Run it through its paces on the issues you are worried about. Also check back here a couple days after the 15th to see people's reactions to it too. Moto did a great job with its previous phone so we are hopeful the same will hold true for the X. Honestly though, I bet folks who used the previous iPhone also thought the next one would be totally awesome too.

The proof is in the puddin' :) Good luck!
  10. z06mike

z06mike New Member

The proximity sensor on this X is excellent. I had similar problems to what you have when I had Storm.
    The sound quality is very good on this phone and the speakerphone is not very loud but works suprisingly well. You can have a conversation through it with no problems whatsoever, even while driving.
  11. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Please consider joining the Droid X forums. It's run by the same people who run this site, a whole site dedicated to the X.
  12. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

dude no.....
  13. scoder

scoder New Member

That's hysterical. Get his *** outta here
  14. Mad1ben2

Mad1ben2 New Member

I was a die-hard iphone owner for the last 3 years. So much so that I gave up the ability to use my iphone as an actual phone whenever I was at home or practically anywhere in my neighborhood (very poor ATT service in my hood). I got the iphone4 and had no plans of ever looking back.

After a week vacation with 2 brothers that have the droid 1 on verizon (my previous carrier), I realized Android has come a long way and that if I moved to the droid (X for me) from the iphone I wouldn't really be giving up anything and I had the amazing bonus of actually being able to use my cellphone as a phone whenever at home.

I converted and couldn't be happier.