Coming back to VZW....And getting Turbocharged!!!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
After switching to AT&T earlier this year because the cost with VZW was through the roof for what I was getting, I am coming back to VZW now that they have more reasonably priced plans. Yeah I won't have unlimited like I did before but we are getting the 10GB plan just like we have on AT&T. It is plenty for how much data we use. And of course I am finally coming back to Motorola and getting a Droid Turbo. Played with one today and can't wait to get it. Tomorrow is the day. Just not sure if I wanna go with ballistic nylon or kevlar.

Have you taken advantage of the change in plans that began on the 1st? The 10gb plan is currently $80, and the $100 is now 15gb.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Have you taken advantage of the change in plans that began on the 1st? The 10gb plan is currently $80, and the $100 is now 15gb.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yup they actually told me about it before it started and made the change to my plan. Stuck with the 10GB for $80.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I wouldn't buy it. No MicroSD and no simultaneous data and voice.

A. I have done without SD support for quite a while without worry. 64GB is plenty of storage for me.

B. I have never once been in a situation that I have needed to use data while on a call. But at any rate it is coming soon.

But to each their own. Different people have different wants and needs. That is why it is great we have a good selection of devices to choose from.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
My issue with non removable media is more to do with a dead phone. Back up often.... I have 128GB MicroSD that is a little over half full. I keep my music on the phone.

As far as talk and data. I use it all the time. I use Copilot for navigation and it has real time traffic. If I pick up or make a call my traffic data doesn't stop. Have you ever wanted to Google something while on the phone?

To each their own. Like I said, "I" would pass. I have owned a Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr, Razr Maxx and a Razr HD so I like the family but I gotta have voice and data at the same time.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
No simultaneous voice is a huge problem for me. Wifey uses it as a hotspot on the way home every day. She VPNs into her work and works for an hour on our drive home. Sometimes I get phone calls on the way home and it kicks her off. Then it takes her 5-10 minutes to reboot and login again. Hopefully they'll give us the capability soon, or I might have to move back to my G2 until they do...