Come on guys we need help downgrading to 2.1 notice people threads?

rcjames

Reaction score
Hey guys there is people creating threads because we need help downgrading back to android 2.1. many people are having issue when they use the instruction to unbrick. Please guys help us and post instruction how you downgraded. Thanks

Reaction score
I went back to 2.1, but only because I forgot to move the SU file which caused me to loose root. All I did was follow the instructions in the unbticking thread plus a few extra steps. The extra steps I had to figure out that werent in the unbricking thread were:

1: After running the sbf it went into the boot loop and I had to pull the battery and boot into recovery to wipe the data and cache. After that it booted up into 2.1 and was working.

2: The second issue was that after restoring 2.1 with the sbf I had the blue triangle and no connection so I skipped through all the setup stuff and opened the dialer and did the *228 thing which did not fix it, so then I dialed: ##7764726, SPC password: 000000, Select "User Activation", Change "MIN" to your full 10 digit phone number, change "MDN" to your 10 digit phone nummber, press "Done", press home key (to return to homescreen), phone will automatically restart. After that everything was working but I still had the blue triangle so then I tried the *228 and finally the blue triangle was gone and everything was back to normal :icon_ banana:

All that so I could re-root and move the SU file and then go back to 2.2 with root intact lol. Sux to not follow instructions the first time lol.

Hope that helps someone out.

P.S. I used appbrain to restore my apps every time and it makes the whole process of wiping the data much more bearable, I highly recommend at least appbrain or some other method of backing up your apps.

Last edited:

thelion

Reaction score
I agree. I had the same issues and those were the steps I took. After the initial steps listed in the thread to "unbrick" the phone got stuck in a bootloop and I will admit, I panicked. But I jut sat there for a second, looked up how to jump into recovery mode and figured, what the hell, I am already this bad why not try a full wipe? And then it worked short of the blue triangle of no-data so I figured hmmm..I guess it isn't fully activated. *228 to the rescue and it works just fine now.

My issues came about oddly. I was rooted and updated to 2.2. I followed all instructions and verified everything but lost root. While attempting to fix this, it all went bad. Luckily, it is a fairly simple fix.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
how i went back to 2.1...

installed rsd lite 4.7 in windows 7
replaced pst_flash.ini file in c:/program files/motorola/rsd lite with patched one that came along with rsd lite 4.7
unzipped sbf file
opened sbf file with rsd lite
turned off the phone
connected the phone to pc through usb
held volume down, camera, power buttons on phone to turn it on in bootloader mode
sat back and watched rsd lite flash phone with files
phone rebooted itself with factory 2.1 software
called *22890 to automatically activate it
done

suzook

Reaction score
GEEZ...it dosnt get any easier with the .sbf....how many threads need to be created?

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score
Thank you guys, sorry just letting you all know i got it flashed back to 2.1. dancedroid infact the program had issue and so i flashed it again and again. It would go up to 100 then back to 97 and then it will fail. But i got it running 2.1 once again. Cool :).

Happystranger

Reaction score
The only issue I have with Froyo now is that I can't send pictures via mms, both Handcent or stock. But I don't think that's a big enough issue for me to sbf, re-root, and update again. Unless my phone takes a dump I'm staying put for now.

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score
The only issue I have with Froyo now is that I can't send pictures via mms, both Handcent or stock. But I don't think that's a big enough issue for me to sbf, re-root, and update again. Unless my phone takes a dump I'm staying put for now.

I'm thinking about whipe the data off my phone then update to froyo 2.2. Yea rooting is addicting to do many things. When i downgrade i root it for the first time which was easy and now i'm trying out free teathering actually i connected to my laptop and ran quake 3, its playible with 100+ ping. LOL

iojk9999

Reaction score
so then I dialed: ##7764726, SPC password: 000000, Select "User Activation", Change "MIN" to your full 10 digit phone number, change "MDN" to your 10 digit phone nummber, press "Done", press home key (to return to homescreen),

After I upgraded to 2.2 I activated the normal way.

I just read your post. I dialed ##7764726, and checked my MIN and MDN. My MDN WAS my phone number, my MIN number was a different number. I wrote down the MIN number, exited, then tried calling it. It rang. It was a number in Carlsbad, CA (I live in CA if theres any significance). The number just rang and rang.

What's up with this? Am I supposed to have my phone number in MIN?? if so, what's that other [phone?]number?

Reaction score
so then I dialed: ##7764726, SPC password: 000000, Select "User Activation", Change "MIN" to your full 10 digit phone number, change "MDN" to your 10 digit phone nummber, press "Done", press home key (to return to homescreen),

After I upgraded to 2.2 I activated the normal way.

I just read your post. I dialed ##7764726, and checked my MIN and MDN. My MDN WAS my phone number, my MIN number was a different number. I wrote down the MIN number, exited, then tried calling it. It rang. It was a number in Carlsbad, CA (I live in CA if theres any significance). The number just rang and rang.

What's up with this? Am I supposed to have my phone number in MIN?? if so, what's that other [phone?]number?
I think it's more common for the numbers to be different like they are in your phone, but my previous phones have have all had the same number in both spots so I just went with that for my X too. Not sure what the difference is.

Edit: Found this, probably doesnt make much difference http://www.phonescoop.com/glossary/term.php?gid=66

Last edited: