Comcast Pushes Desperately to Save the TWC Merger

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Apr 21, 2015.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

Here's some great news for US consumers... it looks like things are bleak for the Comcast and Time Warner Cable merger. According to a report in the Wall Street Journal, the Department of Justice and the Federal Communications Commission are unlikely to approve the merger, and Comcast is making a last ditch effort to convince the government regulators that the merger should go through.

Supposedly, the two companies are willing to offer nearly any concessions which might convince these two governmental agencies to approve the merger. At this point it is unlikely that there is anything either company could offer which will change the government's position. Here's a quote with more of the details,
    This was the same thing that happened as the final, last-ditch effort during the failed AT&T and T-Mobile merger back in 2011. It's reassuring to find that the DOJ and the FCC are level headed enough to see that letting Dracula and Sauron team up to run rampant over American consumers is probably not a good thing in the long run. It's almost a shame that Comcast has spent so many millions of dollars lobbying to get this merger approved... "almost."

Source: WSJ

#1 dgstorm, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Amazonfemme

Amazonfemme Active Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Current Phone Model:
    VS985
    LOL about Dracula and Sauron. I hear Comcast's commercials on the radio and I start yelling back at them. As it is, Comcast's already got a semi-monopoly in many places.

I tried last week to ditch them for DirecTV, but I needed to keep Internet service because we can't get FIOS in our apartment complex. Turned out that "unbundling" would have ended up costing us way more, so we're stuck with them, at least for now. And to make matters worse, I got two COMPLETELY different stories from them the two times I called. I don't know whether they're incompetent or just lying liars who lie. Probably both.

I hate Comcast with the fire of a thousand suns.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,483
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    Unless some miracle happens that suddenly provides the masses with more television options then this merger would not be good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vepaot

Vepaot Silver Member

Ratings:
    +258
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G5 (LS992)
    Yeah because they don't have enough flippin' money already.

• Like Like x 1
  5. boidsonly

boidsonly Active Member

Ratings:
    +105
    Just what America needs-less choice.
    Hopefully this gets blocked by the DOJ....

• Like Like x 2