Comcast email for Droid Razr

tgbreon

Reaction score
I have read thru the thread on how to download comcast email account and still having issues. I can get it to send emails but can't get it to accept emails. My incoming is set at 110 and my outgoing is 25. Help

Hermes

Reaction score
I just got my Razr today. I set up my Comcast email by selecting auto configure. Try deleting the account and then remake it and select the auto configure option. This method also worked with my previous phone, the Droid X and also the original Droid. Hope this helps.

contractslady

Reaction score
Same problem on my Droid 4

Droid Firefighter - I read your post with interest as I posted the same problem on the Droid 4. When I called Verizon, they instructed me to set my incoming mail set up as mail.comcast and my outgoing at smtp.comcast.

My frustration is that I was receiving my comcast email just fine for the first 2 months with the phone and then suddenly they stopped.....is it a Verizon problem or a Droid 4 problem.....

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have read thru the thread on how to download comcast email account and still having issues. I can get it to send emails but can't get it to accept emails. My incoming is set at 110 and my outgoing is 25. Help
Hey guys, just a recommendation here...try this: Go into your Comcast email settings and check the box "forward email" and enter your gmail account. What will happen is all your Comcast email will be sent to gmail and gmail will "push" your Comcast mail to your phone. The benefit is your phone will not have to go get the mail at the intervals you have selected...saves battery and you don't have to configure anything on your phone. You'll still be able to determine, in gmail, what email account the email came to originally and when responding it can have your gmail address or comcast address...which ever you chose. This does not remove the email from your Comcast account...it will retain a copy in Comcast.