Comcast and my Wifi

omgar

Reaction score
Hello everyone, so I have Comcast and a Linksys wireless router, and everytime I try to get on the net with my wifi connection, the browser tells me my operating system is not supported for the installation wizard.
I was able to get through that by manually changing the DNS settings on my old Windows Mobile phone, while still keeping everything the same and I found a way to change the DNS settings on my Droid, but that has me set everything manually, the IP address, the netmask and the Gateway.

Does anyone else have comcast with a wifi router and got it working correctly?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It sounds like your router settings are jacked... You would have had to do something weird to it for it to run a setup wizard before you connect... What's the model? And how is it configured? Properly functioning DHCP should take care of all of that for you.

OP
O

omgar

Reaction score
It's a WRT54G Router. And a modded Motorola Surfboar modem. All I had to do on my iPod touch, my laptop, and my Touch Pro was change the DNS to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 for it to pass the "OS Not Supported" screen, now that I changed that on my Droid, it still goes nowhere?

roketteere

Reaction score
I have a Moto Droid and I have the same problem. I flash phones and this is my personal one that I flashed to MetroPCS. Now I cant download apps from the Market unless I have Wi-Fi but like you I have that same problem. I also tried the DNS thing, 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2. The only reason why I think it doesn't work is because of the submask and the ip address. I think if I ping the Droid in CMD I can get the ip and submask. If anyone figures it out before I do by all means please let me know. If I figure it out I will post it here. FYI if anyone needs to know how to flash any of the Androids let me know I can hook u up just as long as u do the same for me. Laterzzz

MrC1122

Reaction score
I have comcast with a Linksys BEFWH11S4v.4 wireless router and don't have any problems, except when I flash a new rom or restore a previous one. I have to wait about 5 minutes or so before I can reconnect. It's weird that you have to go through a wizard tho, have you recently changed something on your phone prior to attempting to connect to your router other than the DNS?

roketteere

Reaction score
Hmmm

No all I did was go to Advance Settings on my Droid and changed the DNS to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 and I still get the Comcast Page on my phones web browser. Any Ideas

orbatrin

Reaction score
I also have the comcast problem on my moto droid. The 4.2.2.2 DNS settings works properly on the Iphone if you just modify the DNS settings but on the Moto Droid you cant modify the original DNS settings unless you set up a Static IP. If anyone figures out how to modify the DNS settings without setting up a Static IP, Please let me know. I believe if im not wrong, you were able to modify it on the old versions of Android. If anyone knows the proper way to set up the static IP with mod moto comcast please specify. Thanks.

OP
O

omgar

Reaction score
I was able to figure it out.
Set Static IP as

IP Address
-Your IP Address
Gateway
Netmask
DNS 1
DNS 2

aprudy

Reaction score
THANKS, omgar

that worked great for me on my Droid 2... we'll see if it gets in the way at work on Monday...