Comcast 2 GB Fiber

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
gigabit-speeds-press-release-hero-final.jpg

We have talked at length about Google Fiber here on DF. Comcast is looking to one up Google by rolling out 2 GB Fiber starting in ATL. Comcast has yet to announce the cost but you can bet it will be packaged as part of a TV package, similar to what TDS is currently doing with their fiber service. Question is if Comcast still have enough goodwill in the bank for people to buy into their services vs the competitor (ie Google).

Source: Comcast Begins Rollout of Residential 2 Gig Service in Atlanta Metro Area

Yellowhammer

Reaction score
Meh.... They should be banned from expanding in the cities until they provide minimal service in rural areas. By minimal, I mean 1500 kpbs.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Isn't that what the FCC just said was mandatory to call it high-speed internet?

And come on, this is ComCast. That means you'll need to cut off your pinkie to get on the waiting list and they'll punch you in the neck every time you log on.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
It'll probably have some asinine bandwidth cap every month. Plus they'll most likely make you work in the data mines digging up more Interwebs just to offset the cost of their service.

I'll stick with Google.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
I have verizon FiOS here..best thing I ever did! No issues at all! 50/50 Mbps, 100$ a month with phone service