1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Combining Contacts?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by thelion, Jan 9, 2010.

1. thelion

thelion New Member

So..I had an odd experience today.

I get a call from one of my employees, Marti. It comes up Martin. So, I go and check my contacts and "Marti" is not listed but when I "edit" Martin, both Marti and Martin's numbers come up.

So, I figure it was just a glitch in my Gmail contacts.

Nope. They are both listed there. But for some reason, Droid decided they were the same person. It is a simple fix and nothing to cry about but interesting, nonetheless.
  2. listenman20

listenman20 New Member

I think it's actually happens when Google syncs to the phone. Mine combined several contacts when it synced. And like you I had to go back in and fix it. I think there's an option somewhere not to combine like names. It was particularly a pain that backup assistant. Didn't include last names when it saved to csv file.
Search tags for this page

android combine like contacts