1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Combine ROMs?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by IamGov, Feb 9, 2010.

1. IamGov

IamGov New Member

Not sure if this specific question has been asked. I did go back quite some time and could not find anything. I have recently rooted and ROMed back and forth between the Sholes updates and Smoked Glass Themed ROM. My questions is this:

I like the features of the Sholes ROM, but love the graphics and a few items (Swype) keyboard of the Smoke Glass theme. Is there a way to combine some of these items?
  2. Topsy

Topsy New Member

You're going to want to get familiar with the Android SDK.
    All the rom's are compatible with each other since they all deox, but you'll need to download each ROM, copy the apps you want from each, then use ADB to push them onto your phone.
    Just search for installing ADK, there's plenty of posts on how to get started.
  3. pthance

pthance New Member

Sholes has smoked glass theme available in 2.0.3 so thats part of the answer
    Then you would follow these instructions to get swype on your sholesmod after install is complete:

1. Download swype from http://www.androidcentral.com/download-beta-version-swype-android

2. From the adb shell type the command adb install <the file you downloaded>

3. Enjoy your SholesMod v 2.0.3 with smoked glass themes (assuming you chose the theme in the installer) and swype keyboard.
  4. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

you can just install most apk's on another rom (like swype), but you cant combine whatever you want wherever you want, but you can add most apks to one
  5. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yeah why couldn't he just install the apk instead of making it all complicated with commands? Especially with Swype...you can download Swype in this forum and all over the place...
Search tags for this page

combine 2 roms

combine rom
combining rom files droid
how to combine 2 rom

how to combine 2 roms

how to combine android custom roms
how to combine rom files

how to combine rom files on a phone

how to combine roms

how to combine two roms

how to merge 2 roms