comaptible kernels and how fast can droid go?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by freakofnature95, Nov 23, 2010.

1. freakofnature95

freakofnature95 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what kernels are compatible with BB. and how far should i OC, without messing up my droid.

2. Car

Car Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your gonna get a mixed response to this question as everyone has different results. I myself have had good luck w/ jdflg, chevy01 and P3 kernels. Never tried any others
    Best bet is try em all out and let them run for a day or so eying the battery life and temp. If your droid runs hot, switch kernels! Make sure you backup your current rom before you install any new kernels as a bootloop is a sure sign that one won't work ;-)

P.s. I have never seen a Droid run over 1.2ghz. Not saying it isn't possible, I just never seen it done successfully.

3. myriad46

myriad46 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried most of Slahyer's and Chevy01's and they work fine. I had to try a bunch to find my comfortable top end, which for my Droid was the 1.0 Ghz. I tried the 1.1's and it was flaky and the 1.2's at any voltage wouldn't boot up.

With most kernals that are different voltages that you can select. Look for the MV or LV on the kernel when you're downloading. The Low Voltage or even Ultra Low Voltage (ULV) can be a little touchy as they are trying to accomplish the best of both worlds. Faster speed, using less power. So, if the 1.1 ULV kernal won't boot, the LV or MV version might.

Good Luck.

Link to Slayher Kernels: Index of /slayher/kernels
    Link to Chevy01's Kernels: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ch...w-froyo-kernels-cpu-temp-monitoring-back.html The link didn't work just now, but it may just be the site.

4. gsDroid

gsDroid Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm using the Slayher LV 900 v1.6 (with compcache enabled) and it has been great for speed, stability, and battery life. My wife is using the built-in bb0.5 kernel and her phone is not quite as fast, but is stable and has great battery life.

5. Bullitt6996

Bullitt6996 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    ULV Kernel

I managed to get Chevy's ULV 1100 to work on my D1 with BBv.5 with no issues. I think it's mostly what else you're running on your Droid in addittion to your root and custom ROM. Remember that no 2 Droids are alike, different folks like and have different programs and apps, it all boils down to code in how it interacts, though. Hope this helps.dancedroid

6. freakofnature95

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys. i decided to try chevyulv 1.0 kernel. seems to run fine, and low temperature around 30 which is suprising. i'm scared to go higher. what's the difference between voltages? how much power it uses?

7. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Partially. IIRC the rule of thumb is if your device is unstable with a kernel then decrease clock speed and increase voltage.

Try Googling binning and how it relates to processor manufacture.

8. Felix 222

Felix 222 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    p3 1.25ghz lv is stable for me. i suppose i'm lucky :icon_ poke:

9. freakofnature95

Ratings:
    +0
    i have to lower my 1.0 chevy ulv to 700mhz to save battery, it's a big battery drainer

10. zcar.300

zcar.300 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it the kernel or is it Bugless that is missing IPV6 support? And keeping me from using Goggles. :-/ lol

If I remember correctly I'm using a P3 kernel.

11. TangoSucka

TangoSucka Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I run Chevy's ULV 1000 after reflashed .5 The stupid thing FLYS now. It's awesome. It's clocked at 1000. Does the job.

Search tags for this page

fast a855 kernel