com.noshufou.android.su has stopped unexpectedly

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by nathan66669, Jan 7, 2011.

1. nathan66669

nathan66669 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I made the mistake when rooting a couple of friends D1 phones and did not disable their OTA updates. Naturally they have been getting plagued by the new 2.2.1 update trying to push into their phones, which naturally fail. Now that they knew about the update, of course they wanted it.

So I just downloaded the 2.2 stock update using Clockwork Mod, performed the update to 2.2.1 and then loaded back to the custom Kernal (I think I used P3Droid).

Afterwards, anytime I tried to open Super User I got the Force Close message:
    The application Superuser Permissions process com.noshufou.android.su has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
    Long story short, I was not really able to find any other posts where this was a problem, but if someone should have this, here is what I did to fix it:

Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications Change the Menu Filter at top->All
    Find Superuser Permissions and click "Clear data".
    Anything that requires permissions will have to ask again but it should fix your FC and SU crash problem.

I can't take credit for this, I got the info from: Resolved: Superuser Permissions process crashing - CyanogenMod Forum

So hopefully this info helps someone in the future

2. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It keeps crashing because they're no longer rooted since you applied the update. Did you tell them that they were most likely running the update if they're running a current rom?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. nathan66669

nathan66669 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The clockwork recovery I used was still rooted and still applied the latest update...just permissions for su were wrong

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page
application superuser has stopped unexpectedly
noshufou.android.su error
process com.noshufou.android.su has stopped
process com.noshufou.android.su has stopped unexpectedly
process.com noshufou.android.su
superuser com.noshufou.android.su
superuser has stopped unexpectedly
the application superuser (process com.noshufou.android.su)

the application superuser has stopped unexpectedly

the application superuser process com.noshufou.android.su ha