com.motorola.friendfeed is eating up my batt alive!!!

fasttrek

Reaction score
hi all, i'm new to this forum. well, main reason is because of this com.motorola.friendfeed thing
i got this Droid Razr 2 days ago and today, i'm not quite sure why, my battery life seems to drain so fast!!
when i checked the battery usage, it shows com.motorola.friendfeed at the top of the list!
the list goes :-

com.motorola.friendfeed 18%
Android system 18%
Display 14%
antivirus pro 10%
Android OS 8%
etc-etc...........the rest less than 5%........

i really need some advice here...whats the purpose of this friendfeed thing? Is it really necessary? If deleting friendfeed is not an option, what should i do to increase my battery life based on my current battery usage??

plleeeaaassse help me :hail:

Brian1

Reaction score
I get rid of the anti virus app. No virus out there for the android. Android is nothing like Microsoft OS.

OP
F

fasttrek

Reaction score
I get rid of the anti virus app. No virus out there for the android. Android is nothing like Microsoft OS.

thx for ur advice, i will consider deleting the anti-virus if the friendfeed keeps running and draining on my batt.
how about the friendfeeed? do you have any idea what is it for? i learnt it comes with every motorola smart phones like atrix. but its functions are still unknown to me =.=
plus, i cant find any control over friendfeed! am i supposed to just let it run whenever its in the mood?:blink:

WaltA

Reaction score
hi all, i'm new to this forum. well, main reason is because of this com.motorola.friendfeed thing
i got this Droid Razr 2 days ago and today, i'm not quite sure why, my battery life seems to drain so fast!!
when i checked the battery usage, it shows com.motorola.friendfeed at the top of the list!
the list goes :-

com.motorola.friendfeed 18%
Android system 18%
Display 14%
antivirus pro 10%
Android OS 8%
etc-etc...........the rest less than 5%........

i really need some advice here...whats the purpose of this friendfeed thing? Is it really necessary? If deleting friendfeed is not an option, what should i do to increase my battery life based on my current battery usage??

plleeeaaassse help me :hail:

I am in the same "boat".

Com.motorola.friendfeed is one my battery use hogs.

What is it for?

I don't use facebook or any other social networking app. I mention that only because the name, friendfeed, implies it might be related to such things.

It seems to be using GPS, which if it is, could be why it is sucking up so much battery power.

Anybody got the scoop?