com.google.process.gapps

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Michaelrp67, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Michaelrp67

Michaelrp67 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the OT-980a and root on it. After removing several apps that came with the phone I now get an error com.google.process.gapps has stopped working and ask me to force close. This happens at start up and shut down and randomly as I use the phone. Market get's stuck on starting download while the phone does not show anything at all downloading it none the less after time will say download complete but no app can be found and market will still be stuck on starting download.

I tried re-installing gtalkservice.spk siince I think that was the start of the problem but that did not solve the issue.

I have seen all the clear cache stuff and done factory reset. Read about the syncing issues and what not. All those fixes do not work on this phone. I have gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip but do not know how to get it installed and am not even sure it will fix the problem.

I hope somebody figures out how to get into recovery on this phone. I think I could figure out how to fix it if I could get there. Would be even better for somebody to get and explain how to flash everything back to stock for those of us who clicked on stuff we shouldn't have messed with.

... thought of some more info. I have Rom Manager and tried to flash clockwork in order to install gapps but can not get clockwork to flash. Would this even be the right steps to take? I have a Clockwork Recovery zip and a SP Recovery zip but don't know how to get to recovery to install them. Is there a way to put Clockwork in the folder Rom Manager would download it too? Is it because Market freezes up that Rom Manager is unable to download Clockwork? I have read that clockwork takes several clicks to get it flashed and sometimes many "seconds" to get a "success" pop up. I have seen no such popup.

I found a zip that was suppose to contain all the stock google apps that come with Android but none of the .apk's worked. Anyone know where to get working ones?

I'm wondering if I could install all the google apps again if that would solve the com.google.process.gapps error and enable the market to download again?

2. Michaelrp67

Michaelrp67 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    com.google.process.gapps SOLVED!

You will need to have root then download this zip file

googleapps.rar

Extract to your SD card then use Root Explorer to install the files using 644 permissions.

This ended the com.google.process.gapps error on my Alcetel OT-980a and my friends Motorola Citrus I messed up. It also enabled downloading on the market again.

3. Soldier610

Soldier610 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is excellent that this was solved. Tried everything in the book and under the sun. Thank you all!

4. doublea500

doublea500 Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    just wondering, did you change the googleapps.rar to a .zip before you flashed it?

5. Michaelrp67

Michaelrp67 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, I extracted the .rar to my SD card and then installed all the .apk's

The place I found the fix said to copy each .apk to sytem/apps which I did the first time but that did not work so installed each from the SD card and that did.

On my friends Citrus I skipped the copy to system/apps step and simply extracted and installed from the SD which worked.

6. ce245

ce245 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    similar problem

I am having a similar problem right now I'm hoping you can help me with. I got a little too delete happy after rooting my droid incredible and seem to have deleted the stock contacts app. So now I cannot access any of my contacts. Any chance that same file you used would have that app in there? and if so can you elaborate of how you reinstalled to your phone. I would like to avoid having to completely reinstall froyo on the phone and a factory reset did not work, the app is still missing. Can you help?

7. Michaelrp67

Michaelrp67 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The .rar has all of the stock Google apps that come with an Android system. I see Gmail.apk and GmailProvider.apk in there.

Just connect the phone to your computer. Extract the .rar to your SD card and then on your phone use Root Explorer or something like it to install the .apk files you want.

8. Soldier610

Soldier610 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't even need root explorer to install. File manager works just fine.

Sent from my droid using DroidForums App

9. Michaelrp67

Michaelrp67 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed that after using the google apps .rar that the google files show up on the uninstall list and can be uninstalled rather than how it was factory and they were protected. DO NOT UNINSTALL! I uninstalled through Applenet market and the whole error thing returned. Market stopped downloading again.

Once you have made the mistake of removing a stock Google app it appears you will forever need to keep the above .rar in order to install them again if you wipe your phone or anything happens. The apps do not return to their protected system files status and they do not reinstall themselves after a factory reset. You will need to iinstal them all again yourself or live with the error and no downloads from Market.

I am working on figuring out exactly which app is the culprit but I think it is combination of the Talk .apk's

10. Soldier610

Soldier610 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Deleting the gtalk app will, like you said, have detrimental effects.

Sent from my WX445 using DroidForums App

11. aaron8646

aaron8646 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have droid RAZR xt912 when I try to download new ROMs I have a message pop up that say com.Google.process.gapps stopped working. How do I fix this SK I can download new ROMs please help

12. AfifaJN

AfifaJN New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem with my homescreen showing only black. I know it's not a hardware problem because other screens will pop up. I'm thinking that I did something to piss it off and now need to fix the software/firmware. Perhaps this googleapps.rar thing will work. Problem is that since I can't get into my settings I cannot enable debugging. Is there a way around this problem?

Search tags for this page
com google process gapps apk

com google process gapps apk download

com google process gapps download

com google process gapps download apk

download com google process gapps
gapps apk
google process apk
google process gapps
google process gapps download
google process gapps indir