com.android.phone has closed unexpectedly - HELP!!! URGENT!!!

bd1212

Reaction score
Well, this issue started to turn up earlier today at around noon. I'm running Pete's Bugless Beast ESE53 v.9 and applied this theme onto my phone. In addition to applying this theme, I also applied this file since in the other theme thread, it said to apply this dialer on Pete's BB v.9, so I did. I applied both the phone.apk theme and the contacts.apk theme and now, whenever I receive a phone call and I try to see who's calling I get a message saying "com.android.phone has closed unexpectedly."

Basically, I can't see who is calling me and I can't call them back because com.android.phone keeps crashing.

HELP ME PLEASE, THIS IS AN URGENT ISSUE.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm going to put the Rescue squad to work for you. These guys are very good.

Good luck Checkpoint.

OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score
Crap. I was hoping I could try something else other than a nandroid restore (I hate doing those because then I forget which apps I need to re-download... even, though I make backups every 6 hours).

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Crap. I was hoping I could try something else other than a nandroid restore (I hate doing those because then I forget which apps I need to re-download... even, though I make backups every 6 hours).

You could try doing the update.zip of BBv9. Will save your stuff and should overide the theme.

OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score

You could try doing the update.zip of BBv9. Will save your stuff and should overide the theme.

Hmm... I feel very dumb now lol. I didn't even think of this. Droidforums ftw. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

Hmm... I feel very dumb now lol. I didn't even think of this. Droidforums ftw. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Sometimes a simple solution isn't obvious. Let us know if it works

RoLa

Reaction score
Well, this issue started to turn up earlier today at around noon. I'm running Pete's Bugless Beast ESE53 v.9 and applied this theme onto my phone. In addition to applying this theme, I also applied this file since in the other theme thread, it said to apply this dialer on Pete's BB v.9, so I did. I applied both the phone.apk theme and the contacts.apk theme and now, whenever I receive a phone call and I try to see who's calling I get a message saying "com.android.phone has closed unexpectedly."

Basically, I can't see who is calling me and I can't call them back because com.android.phone keeps crashing.

HELP ME PLEASE, THIS IS AN URGENT ISSUE.
I would suggest next time, you plug into your computer immediately, and type " adb logcat " This will tell him everything of why it crashed.