com.android.phone force close

erfranke89

Reaction score
So to anticipate the given responses..... yes I used the search function.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could figure out why I am getting getting a "com.android.phone" error message with only the option to force close or report. My phone is rooted. On any ROM I install I get this message about 12 - 16 hours after loading the ROM. At first I thought it was just CM7 being the RC but it happened when I loaded Fusion ROM and Lithium MOd as well.

Before installing the ROM I did all of the proper wipes and loaded from Clockwork recovery. I fixed permissions and everything.

But regardless of how I try to install at random times, even when not using the phone, I end up getting the endless array of Process failed com.android.phone messages.

Any help would be great because I hate the stock ROM and Sense.

Bobby Sweethearts

Reaction score
The same thing was happening to me on my Sprint galaxy Tab after I rooted it, it sucks but what I had to do was to reflash the stock firmware on to it, you will still have root after words but you will have to reinstall busybox and reinstall the rom you and all prior settings as this does a complete wipe of all data and cache.

OP
E

erfranke89

Reaction score
so basically I have to wipe everything to stock?

If I use titanium backup will it save my apps or anything?

Bobby Sweethearts

Reaction score
No, depending on your phone, you need to find a tool that Flashes the stock firmware, like if you have Motorola you would use RSD Lite and you would need to find the appropiate files to flash with, if you have a samsung you would need to use ODEN3 and find the proper files to flash, if you do a complete wipe all your apps will still be there they will just need to redownload to the phone from the market,which will happen automatically. I am guessing you have a HTC phone, if so, go to google, research HTC Flash tool, do more research on what files you need to use to flash back to stock, this is the process that would occur when you send your phone in and the sell it as a refurb. Go to XDA and or look on here for the proper stock firmware for your phone model, follow the instructions on how to flash back to stock and there ya go