colombian prisoners in my pics?

brodyg123

Reaction score
Weird Photos on my Phone OOTB....

This is my 1st time on this site & 1st time posting. I'm using a Sanding Fascinate & in my pic gallery, underneath 2 separate folders of pics, the location is labeled 'la Victoria. (Pacoa) Correctionales Dept. - I'm just guessing how to spell that correctly. I looked it up & its the name for a Colombian prison. Does this mean they have access to & are viewing my pics? Am I now totally famous among the Colombian inmate population? I know I'm posting this in the wrong area but I'm too lazy to scroll thru all the faq & I'm actually hoping this question has been asked many times & that I'm wasting the forums time because, of course, Colombian prisoners don't have access to my picture gallery!

Any help or a referral to an earlier post would be awesome & would make me feel so much better!
Thanks!
Brodyg123

This is my 1st time on this site & 1st time posting. I'm using a Sanding Fascinate & in my pic gallery, underneath 2 separate folders of pics, the location is labeled 'la Victoria. (Pacoa) Correctionales Dept. - I'm just guessing how to spell that correctly. I looked it up & its the name for a Colombian prison. Does this mean they have access to & are viewing my pics? Am I now totally famous among the Colombian inmate population? I know I'm posting this in the wrong area but I'm too lazy to scroll thru all the faq & I'm actually hoping this question has been asked many times & that I'm wasting the forums time because, of course, Colombian prisoners don't have access to my picture gallery!

Any help or a referral to an earlier post would be awesome & would make me feel so much better!
Thanks!
Brodyg123

I posted this in a different area on this forum earlier & decided it might be better if I put it in the fascinate section. Sorry if that manages to confuse anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks!
Brodyg123

Welcome to the forums! And i hope you dont take offense to this but this is the weirdest first post ive ever seen. Im not sure what to say... Folders dont mean people are viewing your pictures. If i understand what your saying correctly then on your sd card their is a folder named la whatever? This would mean somebody just created a folder...no one is watching you. Remote viewing would take the permission of an app and would require some noticeable power. I wouldnt worry about it... it=f your really being serious that is.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. It is a interesting first post i will agree. Also I will agree with Ilikemoney on this one. The folders that are there on your SD Card had to be created just like creating a new folder on a computer. It def doesnt mean that someone is watching you just that someone created those folders on the SD Card. You can download an app such "ASTRO File Manager" which will allow you to look at the folders that are on the SD Card and you and find the folders that you dont want and long press them till you get the option to delete them.

Also where Ilikemoney says that remote viewing would take permission to run and would use noticable power from the device to run that is completely true. Hope this can help

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
:welcome: to the forum. Is your phone a refurb? That could explain how that folder got there. Those folders could've been placed there by an app. You could try going into settings/applications/running services and see whats running. If you see something thats along the lines of "'la Victoria. (Pacoa) Correctionales Dept.", hit the Download tab, search for that app and uninstall it. Or just go to applications/manage applications and uninstall anything you dont want. If you have any questions about what you see there and what to uninstall, just ask.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Wow...definately first I heard of something like this. OK sorry, I prob would do what CJM mentioned. But then again, is this a refurbished device?

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

OP
B

brodyg123

Reaction score
colombian masterminds!

Its not the folders- sorry for the confusion! Its the locations of some of the pics. The majority of them are labeled correctly (or at least close enough) for where I took the pics. I don't really know what to think. I'm assuming that even if some dudes in a Colombian prison had the technology to check out private pics on a phone, my pics would rank pretty low on the excitement scale!

I'd like to understand why its labeling my location:
Pacoa (Cor. Departamental), Vuapés Department, Pacoa (Cor. Departamental)

On other pics, its slightly different & it mentions the Amazon!
I probably sound crazy but I'm really curious & I'm trying to solve a mystery. The phone is not refurbished & I just did a hard reset the other day because my pretty much brand new phone was so slow that I tried to take it back to verizon. Some of my pics were labeled Pacoa prior to the reset. Now most of them are labeled Pacoa- some labeled in the Amazon & some not.

Is this just a stupid glitch in the location settings for my pics? I'll check to see if any unknown apps are running now.

I hope everyone at least enjoys the oddness of my 1st post if the mystery is never solved. I appreciate the suggestions & all the help.
Thanks

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its not the folders- sorry for the confusion! Its the locations of some of the pics. The majority of them are labeled correctly (or at least close enough) for where I took the pics. I don't really know what to think. I'm assuming that even if some dudes in a Colombian prison had the technology to check out private pics on a phone, my pics would rank pretty low on the excitement scale!

I'd like to understand why its labeling my location:
Pacoa (Cor. Departamental), Vuapés Department, Pacoa (Cor. Departamental)

On other pics, its slightly different & it mentions the Amazon!
I probably sound crazy but I'm really curious & I'm trying to solve a mystery. The phone is not refurbished & I just did a hard reset the other day because my pretty much brand new phone was so slow that I tried to take it back to verizon. Some of my pics were labeled Pacoa prior to the reset. Now most of them are labeled Pacoa- some labeled in the Amazon & some not.

Is this just a stupid glitch in the location settings for my pics? I'll check to see if any unknown apps are running now.

I hope everyone at least enjoys the oddness of my 1st post if the mystery is never solved. I appreciate the suggestions & all the help.
Thanks
I apologize i guess im not getting what you mean. Could you possibly show us a screen shot or a small video using another camera showing this? Maybe your using another application that involves pictures to where you possibly edited them and the pics were saved in that apps location. did you mean Picasa? Something like this application: Picasa Tool for Android | AppBrain.com . Picasa is a popular picture editer on windows and such. If you factory reset it will be hard to determine if you had this app before, but i guess it migt have reinstalled when you signed into your gmail. Can you check your apps and list them? We can try this to debunk the issue.
*** Meh after rereading you issue picasa wouldnt fit becuase im not sure where the corrections department thing came from. Did your phone come with the sdcard? Like are you using a refurb? refurbs dont get sd cards though.... So this must mean your phone was new or bought used?

Last edited:

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
What I'm guessing, by saying location, is your phone is placing them near a correctional facility. Instead of where you actually took the picture. If that's the case, try turning on your gps and wifi. Even if you're not near a wifi router. Then take a picture and see if that corrects it. Also, when you run google maps does it place you where you actually are? If not, you may need to calibrate your gps. Let us know how it goes.

Sent by the Unbrickable DROID

OP
B

brodyg123

Reaction score
colombian masterminds!

I got the phone at verizon around the last week in April. Its not refurbished or anything like that & it came with a 16gb SD card. I've been editing pics with Pho.to Lab (at least I think that's how its spelled) & I thought that could be the problem except the edited pics are in a separate folder in the gallery & none of those pics are listed with a location like Pacoa Corr. Departamental.
If I lived anywhere remotely close to that region of the world, I wouldn't be so confused by this. My GPS, while not perfect, isn't confusing the northeastern U.S. for northwestern South America. I'll see if I can borrow a friends phone & try to take a pic of the screen so we can get to the bottom of this mystery!

I'm pretty sure I was already having this issue before downloading Pho.to Lab (before the hard reset) but I guess its possible that I'm confused. I took a couple pics yesterday that were labeled I took em in the correct location. I'm gonna check & see if the situation has changed since then.

Hopefully screen shots will clear things up!

Thanks again,
Brodyg123

Enjay1971

Reaction score
I was getting ready to go back to Verizon today with my phone. I also have noticed the same words 'pocoa correctional dept' in my pictures under my sd.card file. I tried the setting approach you suggested but cannot find any apps ,running programs or anything else that could cause this. This is a new refurb phone they sent me last week... Suspicious....

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was getting ready to go back to Verizon today with my phone. I also have noticed the same words 'pocoa correctional dept' in my pictures under my sd.card file. I tried the setting approach you suggested but cannot find any apps ,running programs or anything else that could cause this. This is a new refurb phone they sent me last week... Suspicious....

Hi enjay1971! Welcome to the forums. Could you please give us a screenshot? I think i need to see this for myself to know whats going on.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
no this a new look ahead in time feature of android

you didnt read about this new feature. it just means that in the future you will be a prisoner there. luckily my pics show disneyland as their future location.

mrclean796

Reaction score

Thanks!
Brodyg123

Thanks!
Brodyg123

I posted this in a different area on this forum earlier & decided it might be better if I put it in the fascinate section. Sorry if that manages to confuse anyone.

My wife's phone had this happen today... this is the only reference I can find on the web... any resolution to the problem?