cnn video on droid???

Marlowr05

Reaction score
I know there has to be someway to do this but is there anyway to play cnn mobile videos on droid or even the android os???

I know I can watch yahoo videos and also msn videos so there must be a way. Thanks again

him

Reaction score
i think it has to do with the format limitations of the device. I have the same problem with cnet video podcast. Device just doesnt play them.

Thoraldus

Reaction score
You'll have to wait for Froyo 2.2 and Adobe Flash 10.1. CNN videos are done with Flash. I just got 2.2 installed on my Droid tonight along with Flash 10.1 and the videos on CNN play just fine. :wink:

him

Reaction score
Try mvideoplayer...depending on format may work just fixed my issue.

OP
M

Marlowr05

Reaction score
K

kbatrph

You'll have to wait for Froyo 2.2 and Adobe Flash 10.1. CNN videos are done with Flash. I just got 2.2 installed on my Droid tonight along with Flash 10.1 and the videos on CNN play just fine. :wink:

how did you get froyo for your phone already??? i haven't seen anything on a Verizon OTA....

AlDoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kbatrph
how did you get froyo for your phone already??? i haven't seen anything on a Verizon OTA....

You'll need to do some more reading on the forums here. :icon_wink:

Do you mean you rooted your phone?

OP
M

Marlowr05

Reaction score

Froyo 2.2 has been released lol. It's not officially released on verizon but just go search froyo 2.2 and you can download it now.

AlDoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlDoes

Froyo 2.2 has been released lol. It's not officially released on verizon but just go search froyo 2.2 and you can download it now.

I just finished reading a thread 15 pages long about how to get froyo 2.2 not rooted to find out at the end that it was rooted.
Did you mean search it in the forum? or where can I download it from. i have done a lot of reading in this forum and others but I still always see people posting troubles during the process of rooting there phones so I don't want to be stuck not knowing what I'm doing wrong

K

kbatrph

i just downloaded froyo plus flash 10.1, but i STILL can't watch msn, yahoo, or cnn video!!!!! now what?

jasonwuzthere

Reaction score
CNN uses .mov files apparently for their streaming. I tried to watch the oil disaster video, and it downloaded a .mov.
I read a few places to try renaming it to .m4p. I just gave up. It's enfuriating that everything has become so iPhone dependent, while leaving out the rest of the mobile market. I know a lot of people own iPhones, but is it really enough to justify ignoring the rest of the mobile market? /rant