CNN Report Suggests Verizon Reps Pushing Android Phones over iPhones

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Silvernirvash said:
Allow me to reply with this. First paragraph i agree with totally. a 3 part investigation over more than 10 times would be better.

Second paragraph i agree with again. Iphones are dull, and out dated.

third paragraph i have to argue with over a little though. The Droid Razr while im not a big fan of it is actually BETTER than the rezound regardless of the rezounds "amazing" beats integration. I have the Bionic for now and im happy with it but the Razr MAXX has clocked in at around 2 and a half days WITH OUT charge. that is in MY opinion the most impressive feature of the Razr MAXX no matter how stupid it may look up front. it has a better display than the Rezound, it has better battery life than the Rezound, and if ur going for quality of music on a headset i'd say any headset that matches the quality of beats if you're so impressed by that company that's actually only sell the artist label on it and NOT the product itself then i'd say ANY android device while using a headset will sound equally impressive because you can install music apps that have built in equalizers like TTPOD which i enjoy quite a lot. Don't disregard a particular phone or phone company like moto just because they happen to be pushing phones YOU didn't pick. If youre only defense for the Rezound is the music than its a pretty lame defense overall. It's all about which device gives you more bang for your buck and so far Motorola has done quite well with delivering high quality devices they just have a poor habbit of releasing phones quickly after one another Droid Razr then Droid Razr MAXX so quickly after seems stupid to me but the quality of the new device balances it out. And just because the person purchasing a phone is uneducated about the current tech in 4G LTE it doesn't make them STUPID it makes them ignorant to the idea that something is better than their all holy iphone sure, but not STUPID. By the way BEATS isnt all that amazing. my sis gave me her pair that she got with her Rezound and i must say i wasn't noticing much of a difference in quality compared to my bluetooth headset. not much at all really. BEATS only have one thing behind them....BASS.....and i dont listen to rap or hiphop so what good does bass do for me? not much really thus it all seems pretty retarded to argue one phone is better than the other based on one minor difference in sound systems.
As soon as you said the pentile qHd Razers screen is better than the Rezounds 720P LCD screen, that when I realized your a homer, you lost me right there.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Droid Forums

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
"I'll order you an iPhone if you want, but 4G is way faster". Sounds reasonable to me. I don't see a problem.

You seem to take the story a little farther than the author does, dgstorm. No, a 4G data plan does not cost any more than a 3G plan (although 4G customers may use more data). And no, according to the author, in no case did a Verizon rep try to "steer him away from the iPhone" if that's what the author said he wanted.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

The author of the original source of the article actually said that he was steered. Here is the quote, "In each of the 10 discussions, representatives steered me toward either the Motorola (MMI) Droid Razr Maxx, the Droid Razr, or the LG Lucid -- all 4G-capable phones running Google's (GOOG, Fortune 500) Android software." ;)

blufftontiger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 64GB
I had a completely opposite experience back in the early Fall when I upgraded from my OG DROID to the Bionic. The sales guy was adamant that I would be better off with the iPhone based on his own personal experience after upgrading to the iPhone. He kept touting the Siri feature and better reliability from the operating system.

str8havoc

Reaction score
Going to a 4G phone doesn't cost the customer anymore money then having a 3G phone. It is cheaper for Verizon to have all there customers on 4G. That's why they are steering customers to the droids. Also Verizon will not be putting out anymore 3G smart phones. Sooner or later everything will be 4G.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Allow me to reply with this. First paragraph i agree with totally. a 3 part investigation over more than 10 times would be better.

Second paragraph i agree with again. Iphones are dull, and out dated.

third paragraph i have to argue with over a little though. The Droid Razr while im not a big fan of it is actually BETTER than the rezound regardless of the rezounds "amazing" beats integration. I have the Bionic for now and im happy with it but the Razr MAXX has clocked in at around 2 and a half days WITH OUT charge. that is in MY opinion the most impressive feature of the Razr MAXX no matter how stupid it may look up front. it has a better display than the Rezound, it has better battery life than the Rezound, and if ur going for quality of music on a headset i'd say any headset that matches the quality of beats if you're so impressed by that company that's actually only sell the artist label on it and NOT the product itself then i'd say ANY android device while using a headset will sound equally impressive because you can install music apps that have built in equalizers like TTPOD which i enjoy quite a lot. Don't disregard a particular phone or phone company like moto just because they happen to be pushing phones YOU didn't pick. If youre only defense for the Rezound is the music than its a pretty lame defense overall. It's all about which device gives you more bang for your buck and so far Motorola has done quite well with delivering high quality devices they just have a poor habbit of releasing phones quickly after one another Droid Razr then Droid Razr MAXX so quickly after seems stupid to me but the quality of the new device balances it out. And just because the person purchasing a phone is uneducated about the current tech in 4G LTE it doesn't make them STUPID it makes them ignorant to the idea that something is better than their all holy iphone sure, but not STUPID. By the way BEATS isnt all that amazing. my sis gave me her pair that she got with her Rezound and i must say i wasn't noticing much of a difference in quality compared to my bluetooth headset. not much at all really. BEATS only have one thing behind them....BASS.....and i dont listen to rap or hiphop so what good does bass do for me? not much really thus it all seems pretty retarded to argue one phone is better than the other based on one minor difference in sound systems.

I only said that the Rezound and Gnex have better hardware than the Rarz. I never said it was a bad phone and it is still a legitimate Tier 1 phone. However, the Razr Screen in pentile, which is inferior and the camera on both the Gnex and Rezound is also quite a bit better than the one on the Razr. On the plus side, the Razr Max does have great battery life, although many people are turned off by the fact that it is non removable (as I was).

Nowhere did I say that I based my purchase or opinion on the beats audio, but, since you brought it up, here are the "retarded" reasons I chose the Rezound as my phone.
1. Camera was IMO the best of the 3 Tier 1 phones at the time. The Razr camera has noise and washed out color issues.
2. Screen looked much sharper and was not Pentile or an Amoled screen (I am concerned with Amoled screen burn-in since I use my phone a lot so this killed the Gnex for me)
3. Better development community than Razr, but not as good as Gnex
4. Super fast processor
5. Felt better in my hand than the Rarz, although not as good as the Nexus
6. Great radios and excellent speakerphone
7. Came with really good headphones (better than the typical el-cheapo set that comes with most phones)
8. Removable battery
9. Removable SIM
10. Very few reported bugs (again, this was kind of a Gnex killer for me)

Finally, I never used the word stupid in my response. Many people feel they don't need to be educated before purchasing a phone for many different reasons. Maybe they don't have the time or don't use their phone that much. For me, a smartphone is a significant purchase that I use every day for both work and play, so I made sure I spent a large amount of time researching all three phones before making my decision.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
acousticshade said:
I only said that the Rezound and Gnex have better hardware than the Rarz. I never said it was a bad phone and it is still a legitimate Tier 1 phone. However, the Razr Screen in pentile, which is inferior and the camera on both the Gnex and Rezound is also quite a bit better than the one on the Razr. On the plus side, the Razr Max does have great battery life, although many people are turned off by the fact that it is non removable (as I was).

Nowhere did I say that I based my purchase or opinion on the beats audio, but, since you brought it up, here are the "retarded" reasons I chose the Rezound as my phone.
1. Camera was IMO the best of the 3 Tier 1 phones at the time. The Razr camera has noise and washed out color issues.
2. Screen looked much sharper and was not Pentile or an Amoled screen (I am concerned with Amoled screen burn-in since I use my phone a lot so this killed the Gnex for me)
3. Better development community than Razr, but not as good as Gnex
4. Super fast processor
5. Felt better in my hand than the Rarz, although not as good as the Nexus
6. Great radios and excellent speakerphone
7. Came with really good headphones (better than the typical el-cheapo set that comes with most phones)
8. Removable battery
9. Removable SIM
10. Very few reported bugs (again, this was kind of a Gnex killer for me)

Finally, I never used the word stupid in my response. Many people feel they don't need to be educated before purchasing a phone for many different reasons. Maybe they don't have the time or don't use their phone that much. For me, a smartphone is a significant purchase that I use every day for both work and play, so I made sure I spent a large amount of time researching all three phones before making my decision.

I have the Razr Maxx and my son opted for the Rezound. We got them at the same time are both very happy with our choices. I think our camera's quality is equal. We can take pics of the same exact thing and not decide which pic appears better (not that we are always comparing pics but we did when we were visiting colleges. We also jokingly tease each other which is better so compare features all the time). Radio signal, reception and sound quality seem the same. We really do not notice the difference in screen quality when looking at the same website or graphic...the difference is negligible in our eyes. Really the only advantage I have been able to come up with for my Razr over his Rezound is that I can see my phone perfectly fine in bright sunlight and he can't...which I will tease him about anytime I can. I really do think they are both excellent phones.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
As soon as you said the pentile qHd Razers screen is better than the Rezounds 720P LCD screen, that when I realized your a homer, you lost me right there.

I must be a homer too....cuz I also like my RAZR screen better than my Rezound screen overall.

After sharpness, I don't think the Rezound screen is all that good in comparison. I gotta agree....what screen we like will always be preference until probably forever. No matter what the specs sheet says.

Last edited:

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:

Actually in this case its true qHD is better the rezound while it has 720p its hard ti see outdoors. Ill take my bionics qHD over the rezounds supposed better resolution knowing i can SEE it wheb it matters most thanks lol.