cm9

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Dzk is working on it. He just updated CM7 RC0 to RC1 last week on the 18th. Latest rumor was said 2-3 more weeks. I'm sure it'll be well known when it drops. Good things come from waiting and making sure the update is good enough to drop so everyone is happy.

Sent From My Rooted Motorola DROID X2/MB870 Running CM7.2-RC1

sampsonX2

Reaction score
anybody know if it is possible to have hdmi on cm9? that's the only thing stopping me from getting cm7 right now.

tamlin42

Reaction score
Just to offer a dissenting opinion, I'm not really excited at all for cm9 on dx2.

I came to dx2 from a Droid 1. While Pete did some excellent work getting gingerbread running on that thing, even with a proper kernel it never felt as good as it did in froyo.
Seeing some of the problems he's having in this alpha, including data that just flat out doesn't work, and will require an extra layer of translation for it to work, I think I'd rather stick with CM7 until I can upgrade to something ICS native.

Reaction score
Just to offer a dissenting opinion, I'm not really excited at all for cm9 on dx2.

I came to dx2 from a Droid 1. While Pete did some excellent work getting gingerbread running on that thing, even with a proper kernel it never felt as good as it did in froyo.
Seeing some of the problems he's having in this alpha, including data that just flat out doesn't work, and will require an extra layer of translation for it to work, I think I'd rather stick with CM7 until I can upgrade to something ICS native.

Me too. I also came from Original Droid to a Droid X2. The stock version is a very unstable machine that Cm7 has been a marked improvement on. I am still running RC0 simply because I haven't had the time and honestly for ME the phone is working wonderfully. I occasionally have issues with wifi after it has been idol for a while but that minor inconvenience is nothing compared to the constant rebooting, freezing, and lag that stock was. I really doubt that this phone is capable of running ICS. (and yes, I know, the specs say it should be able to do so. I still will believe it when I see it.)