CM9 SMS issues?

kenji91

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has encountered this issue and/or if it's related to CM9.

Last Friday, I sent out a mass text to about 10-15 people regarding plans for the evening at around 7pm. I didn't receive a single response. At first, I chalked it up to my friends being busy/hating me. :)

But then 10pm rolled around and I got like 20 messages in a row. I'm guessing all my friends didn't randomly decide to text me at the same time. Also, this morning one of my friends said she received my two texts late last night.

Is this related to data? Is it a Verizon issue? Texts seem to work but there's no way of being sure that someone received them.

I'm using Handcent as my default SMS/MMS app. I'm on the latest CM9 nightly.

GigaJake

Reaction score
It might be a verizon issue. Before I got a smartphone, my phone would often hoard messages and deliver them all at once. One time after a 3 hour text conversation with someone I noticed my phone said all outgoing messages had failed, despite the fact they obviously hadn't. After rebooting, my phone took the liberty of trying send all those messages over again.

I'm running cm9 right now and haven't had any problems, but if the situation were happening to me I would be more likely to point fingers at Verizon.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
It might be a verizon issue. Before I got a smartphone, my phone would often hoard messages and deliver them all at once. One time after a 3 hour text conversation with someone I noticed my phone said all outgoing messages had failed, despite the fact they obviously hadn't. After rebooting, my phone took the liberty of trying send all those messages over again.

I'm running cm9 right now and haven't had any problems, but if the situation were happening to me I would be more likely to point fingers at Verizon.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

I feel you, man. I had the same issue with my EnV Touch. But with the fact that data was going in and out and the network mode was randomly switching, I figured it might be related to that. Either way, the issue seems to have subsided so I'm a happy camper. I'm on the 7/3 nightly now. dancedroid