cm9 service problems

snowyghost

Reaction score
idk if this has been adressed before but i use cm9 and i very rarly get service and when i do i almost nvr have 3g or 4g. i tried doing the network switch as adressed in the guide but it did little to nothing. any help would be great thanks

AceDROID

Reaction score
What did you come from? I was having that exact issue too, so I went ahead and backed up the rom, then wiped everything.. data, cache, dalvick cache, rebooted and haven't had a single connection issue in almost 24 hours, where before I would have the issue consistently all day.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

cron666

Reaction score
How did you guys change roms? Im assuming safestrap. I rarely have problems but it seems to manifest most when entering a signal area after not having signal for more than 5 mins (like in a concrete basement or elevator).

I backed up apps+data with titanium and wiped everything before flashing.

For a more immediate fix, wipe your dalvik and reboot. That usually fixes it when im having trouble getting signal back.

AceDROID

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was doing, wiping the dalvik cache, and then even that stopped working. Then I did a full clean wipe and installed the 5/19 nightly build of the cm9, and its been great.

cron666

Reaction score
Yea thats a last resort. I dont like going around telling ppl to do that for the first fix. It puts a bad taste in their mouth with community roms.

Glad it worked for u!

AceDROID

Reaction score
Exactly. I used that as a last resort, as the normal fixes didn't work anymore. Plus, it is a nightly build, surprisingly stable, and my daily driver. So it was worth it for me to do that rather than dealing with the issues constantly. Still having no issues what so ever. =)

OP
S

snowyghost

Reaction score
i came from stock this is the first thing i went to i got it to work now reinstalled everything and whatnot and now the internet is just really slow =/

OP
S

snowyghost

Reaction score
Make sure you sign in after you reinstall gapps under accounts also try 4.0.3 radio then go back to your 4.0.4 radio.

Sent from my GT-i9300 using Tapatalk

i did that and what do u mean by the radio thing im sorry i dont know what it is

B-Unit

Reaction score
Mine will not come back if I loose 4G for even a second until I wipe dalvik cache. Works fine at home but I generally loose signal in a hallway going to my office at work. Pretty frustrating there. :mad: