CM9 On Droid 2 Global?

skript_kidee

Reaction score
Ok so I saw that someone had android 4.03 running on the Droid OG. I understand that because our bootloader is locked we cannot run the ICS kernel (until we get an official OTA update XD) so we will be stuck on the GB kernel but we can run the framework. Since the droid OG is very similar to the Droid 2 Global I was wondering if someone is working on a ROM out there that runs ICS on the Droid 2 Global. If so are you looking for beta testers because I have a few weeks free. Thanks in advance :)

EDIT--
Aceyame has a MIUI ROM that uses the ICS framework. It is pretty good (coming from Liberty and CM7 it is hard to get used to) but some little things like haptic feedback and soft key lights are really buggy. Also ClockWork mod does NOT work just fyi. It does come with another recovery with CPU tweaks and some other pretty cool stuff but doesn't allow you to flash ZIPS so I'll be SBF-ing back to stock and flashing Liberty over again. If you want a taste of ICS before the official update i HIGHLY recommend this.

Insidious

Reaction score
Bikedude is making strides! I haven't checked if he released the alpha, but I know that he is planning on releasing it soon.

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

Jonas

Reaction score
Cm9 is released to beta testers only. Its not free to download, you have to pm the dev on rootzwiki I think, or xda, I don't remember, and he will get you a file. Maybe it was on cm website.

Sent from my Banana Phone