cm9 for droid 4 is confirmed in the works

AceDROID

Reaction score
This is a very intriguing situation here. While I find nothing wrong with just having the Droid rooted, and it being crazy fast as is, the simple idea of having it look a little different may be cool, but I am actually using a different home launcher so it makes little difference to me. I know overclocking a dual core phone is possible (if done correctly?) but in any event, I will be keeping an eye on this one.

RideZeLitenin

Reaction score
this is great. mostly because i dont want to have to wait 'till q3 for ics to be released officially. a ics custom rom in the coming weeks would be spectacular.

quizzard

Reaction score
Sweet. I wish I had found out about CM when I had my OG. When I finally loaded the ROM, it looked AMAZING. Now I get to look forward to it for both the D4 and Bionic.

tdpolo26

Reaction score
well this is great news the more that comes to the droid 4 the better. although i will not be installing or rooting till i get my hands on some fastboot files.

nitrojuga

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited about this myself. Had CM7 on my xperia play and it rocked. On a side note, doesn't the CM roms require a custom kernel? So does this mean we will be getting fastboot stuff soon as well?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I'm pretty excited about this myself. Had CM7 on my xperia play and it rocked. On a side note, doesn't the CM roms require a custom kernel? So does this mean we will be getting fastboot stuff soon as well?

If the phone has a locked bootloader (which it does) the ROM works on the stock kernel. Has no choice but to. And even though a phone gets a custom ROM does not mean you will be getting fastboot files at that time. That's why a lot of people wait until those files become available before ROMing their device.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

nitrojuga

Reaction score
If the phone has a locked bootloader (which it does) the ROM works on the stock kernel. Has no choice but to. And even though a phone gets a custom ROM does not mean you will be getting fastboot files at that time. That's why a lot of people wait until those files become available before ROMing their device.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid
Thanks for the info. I'll be waiting until we get fastboot or something. I'd be too scared of bricking my device and no way to recover without it.

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
Yeah, this will be great, but useless until we have SBF or fastboot files to use.