[ROM] **CM9 Discussion/Download Thread**

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
adb shell "sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db 'delete from system where name="nav_buttons"'"

If that doesn't work go to the location in that command and delete settings.db

I've tried to flash the latest build and had issues...maybe you can address each of these issues. i am flashing from 0224 using the latest gapps, but no data wipe just cache and dalvik.
  • i got the same error ("SystemUI has stopped working"). i'm not very familiar with the ADB sql command you have, so i deleted setting.db. probably need to warn people that this requires a reboot, and causes a plethora of settings to go back to default include homescreen, status bar, nofitication bar, navigation bar, and soft key mods. most importantly for exchange users, the security policy/lock code was gone (had to re-enable).
  • the home key has not worked at all - i've tried going into your new navigation bar tool to fix this, but it won't let me do anything with the home key. the tool works for the other keys. i can touch the home button (it lights up), but wont' perform any function nor does the tool let me edit it. i can press BACK a bunch of times to eventually get to the homescreen.
  • i noticed a lot of option missing out of the POWER menu (especially the sounds settings) - only reboot / screenshot / power show up
  • i though PROFILES was supposed to be added to POWER menu but i'm not seeing it (maybe i'm misinformed)
this has caused me to revert back to 0224. if you have a universal fix, let me know. FYI....i know the AOKP guys are great, but i used it for a couple days and came back to this. they've got a lot of features, but can't quite match the simplicity / quickness / battery life that you have obtained. great work!!!

PresPPsP

Reaction score
I used ES explorer to delete that file and had the same issues. It would boot but the home button wouldn't work. I just reverted until i have time for a full wipe. The profiles were also missing from the power menu.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

shdobxr

Reaction score
Flashed to this release. To those readers...
Backup
Data Wipe
Wipe cache

Flashed rom.

Once flashed used browser to get gapps. Downloaded and installed. Activated. Downloaded all my apps. Now performing backup.

Also got the search button to show.

Thanks for your work winner

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
adb shell "sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db 'delete from system where name="nav_buttons"'"

OK, so i went back and flashed again to the now lastest build and still have the same issue as the past 2 builds.
  • i got into adb shell with said command and it errors with settings.db cannot be opened (same error if adb shell into the databases directory then running the command without the full path).
  • i can find it using root explorer and all folders from / to settings are mounted the same.
  • if i get into adb shell, i can manually find the file. however, if you ls any of the folders, you get opendir failed, permissions denied error.
  • i don't have a sqlite editor by the viewer does allow me to see the DB records and nav_buttons "back|home|search1" (or something).
I did a complete factory reset with data wipe / cache / dalvik, flashed again, and it works. so...something about a data wipe fixes it, but deleting the file itself doesn't.

EDIT: i noticed the boot animation is back

shdobxr

Reaction score
What version were you upgrading from?

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't see a current blue buttons on rom manager its dated 3-8-12. Also the current rom is dated the 17th Not 18th.

-=Jason=-

sent from my Gnex via Tapacrap

Jdt283

Reaction score
Can you do this on 4.0.2? im trying to figure out how to get to 4.0.3 but i cant find anything. im rooted and have an unlocked bootloader with 4.0.2 and the stock rom

The Race To Die

Reaction score
Can you do this on 4.0.2? im trying to figure out how to get to 4.0.3 but i cant find anything. im rooted and have an unlocked bootloader with 4.0.2 and the stock rom

Download any ROM you want and flash it in recovery. You don't have to do anything special to upgrade to 403

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Think I'm going to wait a while, maybe until we're fully on 4.0.4...having to recurrently wipe data is a hassle and things seem to be working pretty well now (still on the 8 March build).