[ROM] **CM9 Discussion/Download Thread**

drumst1x

Reaction score
Hey Winner.

Been a while since I've written, but wanted to first-off give another huge thanks for your continued support on my phone of source (started flashing your nightlies with my OG, now been doing it w/ my GNex). Have a great time down in Florida. It'll be hard for us to wait, but we'll do the best we can :)

Quick question about this thread .... I've always followed this thread for updates on the rom, and usually when I wanna find the thread, i just google "cm9 winner00" or "winner00 cm9" and click on a link to here. I've noticed that there are actually 2 other threads that also appear to be kept up fairly well/often and even seem to have more active posters over there. One is on RootzWiki ([CDMA] CM9 Kang *Updated 2/28 1:50pm MST* - RootzWiki ) and the other is at xda-developers ([ROM][CDMA][4.0.3] CM9 Kang *Updated 2/28 1:50pm* - xda-developers).

All 3 forums seem to get updated by you around the same time when you put out a new release. I've not been following any of the other forums, but they both seem to have many more replies than this forum, so I was wondering, as you follow/post/are active in all 3, if you'd suggest following a different one to be up on all the latest changes/tweaks/fixes/things people notice about the rom?

Once again, HUGE thanks for continuing with this so regularly! It must take up a lot of your time, but know that it is tremendously appreciated!

jerroedr

Reaction score
do you need to wipe if stock 4.0.2 rooted?
also, like th D1, flash rom, flash gapps, what about a kernel? comes with the rom?
My battery life has sucked a fatty recently. Dont know why. What I can say is that in Puerto Rico with no data connection my battery lasted over 3 days. BUT all it was was a camera and txt device at that point....

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey Winner.

Been a while since I've written, but wanted to first-off give another huge thanks for your continued support on my phone of source (started flashing your nightlies with my OG, now been doing it w/ my GNex). Have a great time down in Florida. It'll be hard for us to wait, but we'll do the best we can :)

Quick question about this thread .... I've always followed this thread for updates on the rom, and usually when I wanna find the thread, i just google "cm9 winner00" or "winner00 cm9" and click on a link to here. I've noticed that there are actually 2 other threads that also appear to be kept up fairly well/often and even seem to have more active posters over there. One is on RootzWiki ([CDMA] CM9 Kang *Updated 2/28 1:50pm MST* - RootzWiki ) and the other is at xda-developers ([ROM][CDMA][4.0.3] CM9 Kang *Updated 2/28 1:50pm* - xda-developers).

All 3 forums seem to get updated by you around the same time when you put out a new release. I've not been following any of the other forums, but they both seem to have many more replies than this forum, so I was wondering, as you follow/post/are active in all 3, if you'd suggest following a different one to be up on all the latest changes/tweaks/fixes/things people notice about the rom?

Once again, HUGE thanks for continuing with this so regularly! It must take up a lot of your time, but know that it is tremendously appreciated!
I personally follow the RootzWiki one the most and post must in that one.
do you need to wipe if stock 4.0.2 rooted?
also, like th D1, flash rom, flash gapps, what about a kernel? comes with the rom?
My battery life has sucked a fatty recently. Dont know why. What I can say is that in Puerto Rico with no data connection my battery lasted over 3 days. BUT all it was was a camera and txt device at that point....

Yes, and yes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jerroedr

Reaction score
i feel like a noob all over. What do I need to back up with a lack of an sd card...
I have wugs kit installed, along with clockword mod touch. If I dont want to lose anything, messages included, is that even possible?

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i feel like a noob all over. What do I need to back up with a lack of an sd card...
I have wugs kit installed, along with clockword mod touch. If I dont want to lose anything, messages included, is that even possible?

Do it the same way you did it on the Droid. It has internal storage that it will be backed up to and won't be wiped when you wipe from recovery. To backup messages you can use SMS backup and restore.

jerroedr

Reaction score
Do it the same way you did it on the Droid. It has internal storage that it will be backed up to and won't be wiped when you wipe from recovery. To backup messages you can use SMS backup and restore.

so my pics and vids will stay there? ive heard varying things about that

jerroedr

Reaction score
Schweet! so to verify one last time, dl the rom and gapps onto the phones internal memory, go into cwm touch, nandroid backup, wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache, install rom, install gapps, and sync.
Ill need an app to restore my messages like smsbackup, titanium can save app data...
and the pics stay on the phone with a wipe..
that covers it?

If i missed something please let me know. I was a flashaholic on my d1 but havent done anything with the gnex

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Schweet! so to verify one last time, dl the rom and gapps onto the phones internal memory, go into cwm touch, nandroid backup, wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache, install rom, install gapps, and sync.
Ill need an app to restore my messages like smsbackup, titanium can save app data...
and the pics stay on the phone with a wipe..
that covers it?

If i missed something please let me know. I was a flashaholic on my d1 but havent done anything with the gnex

Looks good.

jerroedr

Reaction score
When I restore data from tibu, only the green and white stuff is what I should update right? red is system files if I remember correctly? PT school has taken over my brain!

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
When I restore data from tibu, only the green and white stuff is what I should update right? red is system files if I remember correctly? PT school has taken over my brain!

Not sure since I don't use tibu. Just don't restore system and you should be fine. Search SMS backup and it should be the first one with a blue icon.

jerroedr

Reaction score
Is there an option to add settings to the softkeys?
Edit 1: Why is there no CM boot animation?
Edit 2: I cant find the customizable rotation settings
do you guys use setcpu or the integrated settings? Anyone at 1.35? Hows it treat the battery?
Edit 3: With fb sync, does it sync the contact pics?

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Is there an option to add settings to the softkeys?
Edit 1: Why is there no CM boot animation?
Edit 2: I cant find the customizable rotation settings
do you guys use setcpu or the integrated settings? Anyone at 1.35? Hows it treat the battery?
Edit 3: With fb sync, does it sync the contact pics?

1. Do you mean menu key?
2. It's not added to source yet.
3. Those well be added back in my next build. I use integrated settings.
4. Yea but there not very good quality. I would recommend haxsync from the market.