[ROM] **CM9 Discussion/Download Thread**

Dilligaf

Reaction score

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Radios do not come with roms they are separate areas of the phone. Besides half of the users running the new radios are reporting worse signal coverage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I disagree. The new radios/bootloader work amazing. Instant increase in signal -- plus it's held for a couple weeks. The only time I see 3g is at work.

lerian

Reaction score
I disagree. The new radios/bootloader work amazing. Instant increase in signal -- plus it's held for a couple weeks. The only time I see 3g is at work.

Are these radios for any phone or just for the nexus? I have a droid3 and since flashing to cm9 lost gsm signal in Greece where I live.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Are these radios for any phone or just for the nexus? I have a droid3 and since flashing to cm9 lost gsm signal in Greece where I live.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
No they are only for the LTE Galaxy Nexus.

pwsfinest

Reaction score
Radios do not come with roms they are separate areas of the phone. Besides half of the users running the new radios are reporting worse signal coverage.

Oh yeah... what was I thinking? I forgot radios are separate... however, I have flashed these 'leaked' radios and I'm getting better battery life and as good, if not better, reception.

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Winner:

Do we still have to wipe trebuchet data with this build? Basically, that's all that's keeping me on 20120105. If so, can its data be restored from a backup after the flash? I put a lot of time into setting up my screens, folders, etc..... Thanks!

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Winner:

Do we still have to wipe trebuchet data with this build? Basically, that's all that's keeping me on 20120105. If so, can its data be restored from a backup after the flash? I put a lot of time into setting up my screens, folders, etc..... Thanks!

You shouldn't need to wipe trebuchet data because the 1/5 build didn't have transitions in it which is the thing needing you to wipe. So you shouldn't have any problems updating. I would make a backup just incase though.

Dilligaf

Reaction score
You shouldn't need to wipe trebuchet data because the 1/5 build didn't have transitions in it which is the thing needing you to wipe. So you shouldn't have any problems updating. I would make a backup just in case though.

I always do!

Thanks, and thanks for your work on this ROM. Much appreciated!

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Updated to 0117, all looks good!

The only thing I notice is that the microphone icon is missing from the search bar. Is there a toggle for this?

Is there a newer (than 5 Jan.) version of Gapps?

Thanks again.

fused2explode

Reaction score

I didn't say all users are reporting worse signal... I said across XDA, DroidForums, and RootzWiki about half the users are reporting better and half are reporting worse. That's what half means :)

F2E

ShayneJardine22

Reaction score
Updated to 0117, all looks good!

The only thing I notice is that the microphone icon is missing from the search bar. Is there a toggle for this?

Is there a newer (than 5 Jan.) version of Gapps?

Thanks again.
Just install the Gapps again I have to do this every update that is why there is no microphone because voice actions is no longer installed. You could also use a Titanium Backup.

ShayneJardine22

Reaction score
Anyone else having the issue of the ROM trying to send bugreports multiple times a day? It's not a huge deal barely is bothersome just wondering if I can turn this off in anyway. Once again thank you so much for the work you put in on this ROM made a perfect phone even better.