[ROM] **CM9 Discussion/Download Thread**

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus ROMS' started by winner00, Dec 19, 2011.

1. jding13

jding13 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    winner, so far man this build rocks. Haven't had any big issues at all. One thing i just found, and it is a bit random, using the file manager that comes with your build if you follow this path it gives me a reboot, no FC just a reboot. File Manager>Home (house icon)>"d">ion=reboot. Have done it 3 times now just to test and every time reboot. If you ask me its kind of funny, why would I ever need to be in that folder? IDK, just tooling around the insides of the gnex. Tried ES File Explorer and I was able to look at the files inside the 'd' folder. If anyone could check my work, maybe it's just my phone. Also, using the same File Manager it does not show any apps located in the "data" folder. FM>Home>Data="This folder is empty". Just like the reboot thing; not a big deal. I don't use File Manager I was just screwing around, thought you would like to know. DancingNexus

2. yomomma7826

yomomma7826 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It happened on my OG and then I had to flash the gapps before the rom, after the rom, and after the kernel. Maybe this means you have a older version of gapps than you need? Idk. Just throwing around guesses for what could cause it

3. winner00

winner00 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +10
  4. jerroedr

jerroedr Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    why hasnt cm released a version yet?

5. jeffv2

jeffv2 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Because its too unstable for user end + not much has been customized, they'll probably try to port most of cm7's customizations and add some more... hopefully the ability to hide the soft keys during gaming :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

6. winner00

winner00 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +10
    Because its far from complete. CMSettings isn't even in there yet. I added it in there. Who knows when nightlies will be up.

7. PresPPsP

PresPPsP New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Because they haven't implemented all the features you've come to know and love in cyanogen. If you install winner's build and still through the cyanogen settings, you'll notice a lot of empty tabs. I imagine they're working on implementing more features before making their grand debut of certain 9. Winner just takes their current source and latest gerrit submissions and makes a build. We just get to taste CM9 early.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

8. PresPPsP

PresPPsP New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Geeze. 3 posts before I finished mine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

9. jerroedr

jerroedr Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im stock rooted at the moment. Kind of dont know what the romming world has. there are definitely things ics is missing...

10. kalaur

kalaur New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In the power widget I see an option for a LED flashlight, but its grayed out. What flashlight app can we install that will enable that flashlight button?
    Something wonky, but probably an overall issue with Ice Cream Sammich, if you call *228 to update your roaming capabilities, you can't pull up the dial pad to hit the number 2 to choose 'update roaming capabilities'. You have to switch the phone to speakerphone and play a #2 DTMF tone from a speaker to use that option.

Any chance we could get the lock screen gestures from CM7, or a way to add a 'button' to the lockscreen (like how you can move the lock to camera or to unlock the phone). One customizable button would be awesome, right where the SMS message button is when someone is calling. We could use it for a flashlight, to open google maps, or go directly to some other app.

All in all, great work winner! I'm loving the kang CM9 so far.

11. winner00

winner00 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +10
    I would make a backup and give this rom a try or others.

12. AndroidBoi

AndroidBoi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still sorta new to flashing custom ROMs onto my phone and wanted to ask just to be sure. What is the proper way to flash an updated build? Do I wipe cache and then dalvik then flash new ROM and then reboot? I'm looking to flash new 01052012 update to my current CM9.

Search tags for this page
cm 9 download

cm9 download

cm9 droid x download
cm9 for droid x download
cm9 for thunderbolt
cm9 thunderbolt
download cm9
droid x cm9 download
droid x cm9 rom download
htc thunderbolt cm9