[ROM] **CM9 Discussion/Download Thread**

PresPPsP

Reaction score
Because they haven't implemented all the features you've come to know and love in cyanogen. If you install winner's build and still through the cyanogen settings, you'll notice a lot of empty tabs. I imagine they're working on implementing more features before making their grand debut of certain 9. Winner just takes their current source and latest gerrit submissions and makes a build. We just get to taste CM9 early.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jerroedr

Reaction score
im stock rooted at the moment. Kind of dont know what the romming world has. there are definitely things ics is missing...

kalaur

Reaction score
In the power widget I see an option for a LED flashlight, but its grayed out. What flashlight app can we install that will enable that flashlight button?
Something wonky, but probably an overall issue with Ice Cream Sammich, if you call *228 to update your roaming capabilities, you can't pull up the dial pad to hit the number 2 to choose 'update roaming capabilities'. You have to switch the phone to speakerphone and play a #2 DTMF tone from a speaker to use that option.

Any chance we could get the lock screen gestures from CM7, or a way to add a 'button' to the lockscreen (like how you can move the lock to camera or to unlock the phone). One customizable button would be awesome, right where the SMS message button is when someone is calling. We could use it for a flashlight, to open google maps, or go directly to some other app.

All in all, great work winner! I'm loving the kang CM9 so far.

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
im stock rooted at the moment. Kind of dont know what the romming world has. there are definitely things ics is missing...
I would make a backup and give this rom a try or others.

AndroidBoi

Reaction score
Still sorta new to flashing custom ROMs onto my phone and wanted to ask just to be sure. What is the proper way to flash an updated build? Do I wipe cache and then dalvik then flash new ROM and then reboot? I'm looking to flash new 01052012 update to my current CM9.

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
In the power widget I see an option for a LED flashlight, but its grayed out. What flashlight app can we install that will enable that flashlight button?

He needs to edit the make file to add the cm7 flashlight app

Artimis

Reaction score
Something wonky, but probably an overall issue with Ice Cream Sammich, if you call *228 to update your roaming capabilities, you can't pull up the dial pad to hit the number 2 to choose 'update roaming capabilities'. You have to switch the phone to speakerphone and play a #2 DTMF tone from a speaker to use that option.

Any chance we could get the lock screen gestures from CM7, or a way to add a 'button' to the lockscreen (like how you can move the lock to camera or to unlock the phone). One customizable button would be awesome, right where the SMS message button is when someone is calling. We could use it for a flashlight, to open google maps, or go directly to some other app.

All in all, great work winner! I'm loving the kang CM9 so far.

You shouldn't be dialing *228 with an LTE capable phone (I've heard it could jacked up your sim but can't confirm)

Updates to roaming and activation or done upon every reboot.

Artimis

Reaction score

Fyi, I've been applying the no software render hack manually on these builds and it is awesome. Glad to see it is included by default now.

The globe test in quadrant shows the power of this (increases fps from 8-10 to 58-60). I'm benching 3630 :)

BOA

Reaction score
You shouldn't be dialing *228 with an LTE capable phone (I've heard it could jacked up your sim but can't confirm)

Updates to roaming and activation or done upon every reboot.

That's correct. That's what I was told as well

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Still sorta new to flashing custom ROMs onto my phone and wanted to ask just to be sure. What is the proper way to flash an updated build? Do I wipe cache and then dalvik then flash new ROM and then reboot? I'm looking to flash new 01052012 update to my current CM9.

Someone else asked a similar question.

Wipe data required when installing the update every day? Didn't do that today just installed new one. Everything seems OK....

winner00 said:
No its not. I would wipe cache and dalvik cache though.

PresPPsP

Reaction score
Other CM7 features I'm really missing right now: night mode for the screen and selective app permission revocation.

cooltool

Reaction score
Remove Search bar and reclaim the space

I see under CYANOGENMOD -> Trebuchet -> Homescreen, there is an option to disable the persistent search bar but this doesnt reclaim the space and still remain a 4x4 grid instead of 4x5 grid. I have seen some other ROMs enable this feature and I read some instructions on how you can manually do it (https://docs.google.com/document/d/13uBgxYZjR5kb0wjzwIDRsy0oSRJeTS9fIJdxFmtFavA/edit?pli=1) but it requires you to use ApkTool which is way above my head.

Any suggestions?

joshk6656

Reaction score
Hey winner,

Thanks for work on ROM. I just unlocked my phone and it had an email composed and waiting to send with a SS and bugreport. Any idea what I should do with it? If you want to see it PM me your email.