CM7 up on the DROID3!

nutpn

Reaction score
For those of you waiting for cyanogenmod 7 to release for the d3 it has. I was messing around with rom manager and in the downloads section it had cm7rc3 on it. Had it installed last night before I went to bed and I have to say it's really smooth. I've tried liberty maverick and stock and nothing compares. Plus for my money you just can't beat a stock gingerbread look and feel. Just thought I would share for everyone looking to get it on your phones. No bugs yet that I have come across either.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

That is the same name as on the incredible,its amazing that it worked on the droid3
Im gonna have to try that sucker out when I find it.

Last edited:

Riley

Reaction score
I have a question, I loaded up CM7 last night, got it all up and running well, but today tried my car dock, which worked fine until I started to listen to music, it was playing through the phone speaker, and not putting audio out through the mini usb port. Normally the D3 can push all audio through the mini usb as teh dock is setup with the cable that way. Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet, but I thought this happen to me on another ROM, maybe Liberty once and I it was a setting issue or mayeb it wasn't seated in my dock right...hmmmm thoughts?

Flowah

Reaction score
My 3G isn't working. Or at least, I don't think it is.

It says it is, and I see the symbol and it's green and all, full bars. But I can't use the browser or the market. However, calls and texts are still working.

I did the force-close thing when it booted.

mrtoto54660

Reaction score
Rebooting

I loaded CM7 on my Droid 3 and started loading apps, now for some reason it reboots itself. It will go all the way and load then just quit and fast reboot. Anyone else having issues?

cjbravo3

Reaction score
Installed CM7 - noticed there is no support for GSM/UMTS network modes? Anybody know of a work around, or if a solution is in the near future?

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I wouldn't bet on it. Hashcode moved on to ICS after an overwhelming community poll about the two.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Just installed CM7 on my droid3 after my just incase factory reset first boot and second boot i get a fc of phone.apk, but I tested it after and its working fine just curious if anyone noticed that or did I do something wrong. I was on latest OTA uplate before flashed CM7.

I love the black backgrounds and I put all my blackNBold widgets on as well. I did use my older Music.apk and I cant control it with my bluetooth headset, but its fine cause Winamp works fine as well. I tried your music apk as well it did the samething not working from my headset I always had 3 players anyways. All just my experience.

Other than those few things this rom is much faster than stock thanks for all your hard work

EDIT: sorry to say I found a bug that made me have to go back to stock slower running rom :(
when I put my phone in my OEM dock it kept freezing up and acting irratic when typing. other than that I really was happy with rom. but I need my alarm clock near bed. that was my deal breaker for now. I hope if this rom gets updated it will have a fix for this issue cause I really like 2.3.7 and all the additions mostly the black backgrounds.

Last edited:

cwbcpa

Reaction score
I am new to this and I think I need help. I am using ROM Manager. I went to Download ROM, then to Hashcode, then selected the only ROM listed (CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0), selected download, checked the box for OTA 5.7.894 Patch for CM7 and GApps-GB 20110828. It downloads then I picked to Backup Existing ROM, Wipe Data and Cache and Wipe Dalvik Cache. The phone reboots but I don't notice anything different. What am I missing? Is there something I am doing wrong or another step that I am missing? Thank you.

mikedyk43

Reaction score
Just installed CM7 on my droid3 after my just incase factory reset first boot and second boot i get a fc of phone.apk, but I tested it after and its working fine just curious if anyone noticed that or did I do something wrong. I was on latest OTA uplate before flashed CM7.

I love the black backgrounds and I put all my blackNBold widgets on as well. I did use my older Music.apk and I cant control it with my bluetooth headset, but its fine cause Winamp works fine as well. I tried your music apk as well it did the samething not working from my headset I always had 3 players anyways. All just my experience.

Other than those few things this rom is much faster than stock thanks for all your hard work

EDIT: sorry to say I found a bug that made me have to go back to stock slower running rom :(
when I put my phone in my OEM dock it kept freezing up and acting irratic when typing. other than that I really was happy with rom. but I need my alarm clock near bed. that was my deal breaker for now. I hope if this rom gets updated it will have a fix for this issue cause I really like 2.3.7 and all the additions mostly the black backgrounds.

I have been using this rom for some time and I use Alarm Clock Plus (free in the market) and it works great. I like it because it looks just like the stock froyo clock, but has a lot of customizations.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums