CM7 RC4 or UD 3.2

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by tjk629, Mar 31, 2011.

1. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Both came out at around the same time. Was wondering how they fair against each other. I'd like to give one a shot and don't know which to pick first. I've tried RC2 and 3.1.1.

Anyone using these mind to comment on how they've changed?

2. petecraig612

petecraig612 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is my exact question!!!!

I'm torn, right now GPA14 is almost too good. I don't know what to do.
    I have heard that RC4 is excelent but I have read that some times you get a lot of FC's on 3.2... but 3.1.1 worked so good and it had the best battery life I have ever had.

Decisions, Decisions...

3. NuLL.n.VoiD

NuLL.n.VoiD New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    May I suggest LGB 1.42. You'll have to get it from their site. They use CM7 as a base but somehow they get a super smooth ROM with rare FC's. The also include the new theme chooser and notification toolbox like CM7. I tried CM7 rc3 and got repeated FC's. The folks at liquidsmoothroms.com are no longer on this forum cuz of some political/personal garbage but they still make an amazing ROM.

4. theMcAxl

theMcAxl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I loaded CM 7 RC 4 today, and I was having some video recording issues. I didn't know that the new UD was out, so I just flashed to that one. We'll see how it goes, I personally think that UD has a better presentation, and I like the stock 1.0 Ghz kernel as opposed to CM's 800 Mhz.

5. samiusmc

samiusmc Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree with you that Liquid 1.42 is a great ROM. In fact, I've tried them all and think it's the best. I don't know why you think they're no longer on this forum. I haven't heard anything about that. They still have the thread up where you can get LGB 1.42 from this forum. Here's the link:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liquid/132283-liquid-gingerbread-v1-42-release.html

Who told you they were no longer here?

6. NuLL.n.VoiD

NuLL.n.VoiD New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    CM 7 or UD 3.2 - add LGB 1.42 into the mix

If you go to liquid's website, they say that while they are still listed on this forum, they are no longer in control over their own posts (they go into a lot of detail about it). I don't want to get into the political stuff but if their ROM is still listed here, that's great. I've never had a problem with it. I love to try out all of the other ROM's but I always come back to liquid. My phone has to be a work horse and I can't afford to have it FCing all the time or rebooting at random intervals. The liquid team seems to be able to deliver that.

My wife is using CM 6.1.2 on her Droid and she's very happy with it. Once CM7 goes stable, I'll probably flash her phone to CM7 but with Peter Alfonso's kernel. I don't know why but Pete's newest kernels (the one on his website, not ROM Manager) are just fantastic with Gingerbread on a Droid. Just my humble opinion. So, take it for what it's worth.

The bigger issue at stake is what will I switch to when my contract is up in August. I hear that Amazon will be releasing the Blaze and it looks really impressive but it's gotta be able to be rooted or I won't waste my time. The mod community is way too much fun and produces such awesome stuff. :rockon:

7. jjhiza

jjhiza Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody has mentioned it yet, but I personally think Simply Stunning 5.2 is excellent. It uses CM7 as a base, and doesn't have the instability issues I was experiencing on RC2. I'll give CM7 another shot after a stable release is available, but it's hard for me to deal with constantly missing information, like texts and emails.

8. markwebb

markwebb Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Many Good ROM's out there: CM7RC4, SS 5.2, UD3.2, PE5.02, and the newest Liquid 1.5.

I like to support ALL so I dl'd (after wiping) them all, refined them with my tweaks, installed a different theme for each and created a backup for each one. All are similar yet unique in their options.

I change them daily or every other day for a change of pace while testing.

Just experiment, and remember you may have to change kernels as each kernel responds differently to each ROM and each phone, despite same model.

This is the main reason I am hanging on to my OG 1 for as long as possible!

Have fun and enjoy!

9. skruid

skruid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would go with liquid gingerbread 1.5,IMO, I am running it now a nd it is awesome, I have tried all roms out there and liquid gingerbread seems to be the best

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

10. samiusmc

samiusmc Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I have to agree. LGB 1.5 is blazing fast and has awesome battery life. I've tried every ROM but keep going back to Liquid.

Search tags for this page

immo ud 3.2