1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

CM7 RC4 - No BT Dialer Voice

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by RW-1, Apr 6, 2011.

1. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Hi,

Motor H710 headset.

No "Speak now" voice heard when initiating a call, though if I quit I'll hear "goodbye" thru the speaker.

If I missed a setting to enable, please let me know, original this has been fixed on the nightly builds, I might try flashing that over.

Thanks!
  2. dkelly701

dkelly701 New Member

I have the same issue. Tried Liquid and same exact thing so I switched back to CM7 RC4.
  3. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

This is a known issues across ALL GB ROMs.
  4. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Wrong.

Pete's GPA builds have it working just fine... and they are pure GB.

I'll be happy to get his fix made for it if need be.
  5. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Odd. I'm running his 14 build and it doesn't work for me.
  6. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Go to the boards for 14, a later corrected version was uploaded, or you can get GPA15 beta, latest released yesterday and it does function.

I know this because in an earlier build fo 15 it broke again, and we worked with Pete to get it back.

http://wonderly.com/bb/DROID/ROM/BETA/
  7. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

Absolutely correct.

There is no such thing as pure GB for the Motorola A855, so are you absolutely and completely sure of this fact? On the other hand, if you have the ability to 'port' this fix to all other (or even CM7) as you state, please do. No, really, I REALLY want this fix as do many others, so if you can, please do. I've tried.

Otherwise, since GB is pretty much only a new 'look' with hardly if any new features (other than the much more aggressive memory handling which again puts it in it's 'pure' form out of reach for the A855), I'm going to call Pete's GPA roms more of what he started with. Cut and paste. Since BT dialing worked with Froyo, all Pete (or I if I wanted to) would have to do is modify the build.prop, framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk and _maybe_ one or two other files to _make_ someone believe that they had 'pure' GB running on their Motorola A855 phone for which the specifications of REAL Gingerbread is well known NOT to work.
  8. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

If that's the case then CM will need to do the same thing Pete has done, if they can.

Pete's rom is AOSP source with mods, the same as everyone else, it is what you would get from moto if they were going to give it to you OTA.

Real or not, my belief it is an issue with one of the voice libraries needed for that dialer.

I will email Pete himself an get his answer on that ROM.
  9. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Wow teddy, don't you think you overreacted a bit...? Why would it be such a bad thing if Pete did in fact did have a gingerbread rom with this working? Is it just such an unbelievable accomplishment? Seem to be acting a little high and mighty here.
  10. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

He was, but ignored that part of it.

The issue likely will be in libaudio ...
  11. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

I realize that Pete has a huge and loyal fan base, he always has since his very beginning over at the old alldroid.org. I remember his first roms being just a nandroid backup from his phone done with SPRecovery that you then used SPRecovery to install as a restore. I am just putting out the possiblity that he may be building from froyo source and putting enough ginberbread elements/edits into it to call it a gb rom. But I am sure I am wrong. I just wonder why his is the only gb rom with this feature working.

Anyways RW-1, if you do know how we can get it to work for CM7 as you hinted you could, please do and share with us.

Thank you.
  12. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider Member

13. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Yea VLINGO is where it's at... seriously Google's Voice Dialer is terrible...
  14. gertman

gertman New Member

It was one of the few things that worked on my phone with Project Elit's GB ROM. Now I have CM7R4 and no voice for you!! :(
  15. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

I've never said I had to solution, just that it appeared to me that the GPA builds had it working.

I'm not going to debate what is pure GB or not, if it can't be done with GB files, then why not just port over the files that would allow it to function and call it done?

What I fould from Pete was that the voice broke on one build when trying to build libaudio from source. To just get it working for the build he used to libaudio from FRG83G.

Now if that is all that is needed, I would like to think that the team over at CM would consider that.

I'm only loyal to what works for me, I know Pete builds from source, one of the reasons there was such a delay in seeing the "stock" GB GPA builds to begin with. Everyone else came out with froyo/GB modded ROMS, and a couple of months later, here we were, 2.3.3. . .

I believe we have a misunderstanding here on when I said Pure, let me rephrase it to be built from source. I feel I can say with certainty that unless it was something such as the BT that it just would not work, everything else came from 2.3.3 itself.

And if not, then at least by knowing what needed to be replaced in the ROM to get it working narrows down what needs to be looked at (libaudio)

In the meantime I may go back to CM #36 from #38 because in daylight the auto brightness seems really wonked ...
  16. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

Huh. I guess I missunderstood your "We worked with Pete to get it back" in post number 6. And, I apologize about my 'high and mighty' stuff and debate about pure GB rom's. That is not the topic of this thread.

So, on the topic, I did take the /system/lib/libaudio.so file from working CM6 and try it on winner's CM7 and no worky. I would be willing to try more things as well. The funky thing is that I use Choice Dialer to handle my dialing as it's close to what I had on my earlier Moto phones; anyways on CM7 without BT on, a long press on the search button will bring up choice dialer's voice over the phone's speakerphone, but over BT, the voice is silent. Maybe I'll look to some of the other lib files in /system/lib.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.
  17. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Try this one for me, or at least compare the two. Included policy as well.

Attached Files:

18. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

I didn't bother comparing them, suffice it to say that these files worked. Both Choice Dialer and the 'stock' voice dialer gave me prompts in my Moto H500 headset. Thank you.

The gnarly details: I took the two files and put them in my system update.zip template file so I could install while in recovery. I backup up my current rom in rom manager, then once done caught it to stay in recovery. I restored my winner #36 build, flashed the two files via the update.zip template file and then rebooted.

Now I believe I will try them with winner's latest #39 build by directly including/replacing them in /system/lib and see what happens with a clean install.

Thank you again RW-1. I will also post my results over @ CM forums. I probably should post my 'update.zip' file soon for others if it seems to be as good of a solution as I have so far found.
  19. toddegreene

toddegreene New Member

RW-1, your libaudio files work for me (so far) on rc4. I didn't go the update.zip route, though. Simply backed up, then using Root Explorer, renamed existing the files, copied your versions to /system/lib, changed permissions to match old files and rebooted.
  20. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

That's good to hear! You're welcome.

Basically those are FRG83 X versions of those files, so my wanting a dev to compare them might lead us to why the GB builds of them don't work on the OG.

Seems this does fix BT, but ... for me on nightly #39:

Gives issues with google voice search (no tones if one cancels it, though it does search)

Regular voice dialer on the phone not working now, will start up but still in Bt voice dialer mode.

DSP Manager FC's

So like I was saying this is a libaudio/libaudio policy issue, and likely can be corrected, but I think someone more advanced than I am will have to compare the files..

Update: further testing, leaving the older libaudio.so and going back to the CM libaudiopolicy file gets all the other apps working, but disables the BT dialer voice, so to me this means it may just be something in libaudiopolicy that needs fixing ...