1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

CM7 RC2: Suddenly not receiving text messages

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by crewkip, Mar 19, 2011.

1. crewkip

crewkip New Member

I installed CM7 RC2 a couple of days ago. I am using Handcent.

I have noticed recently that I am no longer getting a lot of text messages. I have great service so that doesn't seem to be the issue. The messages have been sent from Verizon and ATT services.

There does not seem to be a problem with outgoing messages at this time.

How can I begin to troubleshoot this? My service is Verizon.

Thanks!
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  2. oneeter

oneeter New Member

I think I have noticed this as well, I using CM7 RC2 with the Honeybread theme
  3. c.r.ayala

c.r.ayala New Member

This is common with a few gingerbread roms and I think they attribute the problem to the fact of gingerbreads overly aggressive task manager..its killing the messaging app and causing messages to not come in. This was the same for me on Project Elite. Most roms now have options to lock Messaging in memory and that seemed to have fixed it for me on Liquid Rom. Idk haven't tried CM yet I always search for this exact thread before switching roms cuz I text A LOT! Lol..can't be havin a no messages coming in problem!

Sent from my LIQUID Droid using Tapatalk
  4. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

download and install auto memory manager from the market. Run it, press menu and "list running applications" (make sure you recently opened handcent) and click on handcent and select "always keep alive"
  5. ChiefThunderbear

ChiefThunderbear New Member

Having the same problems. No texts coming in. i dont know if its verizons network right now but its been since i flashed CM7-RC2 yesterday :icon_evil:
  6. c.r.ayala

c.r.ayala New Member

There is no need to lock handcent in memory though since handcent is only a portal to your messages. the one that needs to be locked in is the stock messaging app because thats the one that is actually receiving them.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  7. Pnut0311

Pnut0311 New Member

Will hancent bring back the ability to reciee texts again?
  8. sbenson

sbenson New Member

This is a known problem with handcent and has been since the beginning. It was present in froyo and not related to gingerbread in any way. If you do a little research you'll see complaints about this going back quite a while. It seems to be random and not everyone seems to be affected.

Mine worked great for months and then all of the sudden I started missing texts and I would also randomly receive multiple (sometimes up to 5) duplicated texts. Handcent is crap and they don't bother to fix a known issue. You'll either have to learn to deal with this or move on like most people have. Good luck.
  9. oresteez

oresteez New Member

There may be a history of this happening with Handcent, but that is not the case here.
    I just recently rooted and installed CM7 RC4 on my Moto Droid 1 and I'm also missing some texts. I do not have Handcent installed. (On a side note, before I rooted, I did use Handcent and never had a problem that I was aware of...)

I'm not sure what the problem is...but maybe I'll just use cm6 or try a different rom until the problem is resolved.
Search tags for this page
cm7 droid x not receiving text
cm7 no sms
cyanogen mod stops recceiving texta

cyanogenmod 7 not receiving text messages

cyanogenmod 7 not receiving texts
cyanogenmod missing sms
cyanogenmod not receiving sms

cyanogenmod not receiving text messages

cyanogenmod not receiving texts

htc hero on cyanogenmod 7.2 not reciveing messages
installed handcent, now not receiving texts