CM7 RC2 Issues

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by lilhill, Mar 27, 2011.

  1. lilhill

    lilhill Member

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2010
    Messages:
    214
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all...

    I switched from LithMod to CM6 a couple months ago and then to CM7 recently.

    Since switching to CM7 I've had a few issues which seem to do with memory usage (maybe).

    The first issue is that I have bad issues with my home screens redrawing. I've gone into settings and "locked home in memory" and also changed the VM heap size to 32M but the problem persists.

    The second issue is that if I'm listening to music/media via the stock Music app or Google Listen, if I switch to any other app or even just go to my home screen, the Music or Google Listen app stops/closes. I do not get a FC message or anything. It seems like the phone just runs out of memory possibly and shuts the app down.

    Any idea how I can fix these problems?

    I have tried the "echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop" fix to save the home screens in memory, but whenever I look in the /data folder, the local.prop file is never made.

    Any help would be appreciated!
     
  2. generalmills

    generalmills New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2011
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having the exact same problems. Cm7 rc2 was nice for the first week, but since then it really seems to be dying fast. Tried every little tweak with no luck. I had better luck with jeffv2's no longer developed Tom's. Strange since his were built using cm source.
     
  3. lilhill

    lilhill Member

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2010
    Messages:
    214
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    I changed my VM heap from 32 to 24. That fixed all of my issues with apps being closed. I also flashed the CM Nightly #31 and things are running much more smoothly.

    I did the echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop fix as well.

    Try both of those and I think you'll be happy!

    Idk what compcache is or if it's compatible with the JDLFG kernel I have but I'm looking into it.

    In the Build #31 I have also enabled the "purging of assets" option under CM Settings > performance.