CM7 RC2 force close and gmail issues.

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by AD3vilsRejekt, Mar 23, 2011.

1. AD3vilsRejekt

AD3vilsRejekt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently switched to cyanogen mod and I'm loving it so far, but I'm having a few problems so far.

It started off with my text messages not sending, but I managed to solve this, from there my browser and keyboard force close. Both are stock, it happens in the order of when I slide my phone open to use the keyboard, it stops responding followed by the browser, almost immediately.

Secondly, my gmail its almost like it isn't syncing to the phone. Everything works it just doesn't show all emails. The notification in the app itself says the inbox has 10 new, but it only pulls up 3, even after a refresh and a force resync. It is also the stock gmail app.

Thanks in advance.

2. Maverick0984

Maverick0984 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    #1. Did you wipe on the Froyo->Gingerbread upgrade?
    #2. I found that moving the Gmail app to SD Card would make it remove the email sync upon reboot. I would have to go into Settings->Accounts & Sync->Google Account. From there, the check mark would be gone next to Sync Gmail after every reboot. Once I moved the Gmail app back to the phone, the check box remained as it should. I'm guessing it sets those values freshly on boot, and since it doesn't see a Gmail app until the SD card is fully mounted, it wasn't checking it.

3. AD3vilsRejekt

AD3vilsRejekt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did wipe, all 3 times I've changed roms in the last week.

Ill check on the gmail app, I haven't placed it on sd card but I do guess its possible. I am positive the sync tab is checked, some emails come threw, its just that it says there are X ammount in the inbox but only a few show up.

Search tags for this page

cm7 gmail force close

cyanogenmod 7 gmail not syncing
cyanogenmod force close browser gmail.com
gmail cm7
gmail force browser close
gmail not working on cm7 droid x2
gmail problem on cm 7