CM7 RC2 -> CM 6.1.2 downgrade results in FCs, please help!

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by BoyBlunder, Mar 21, 2011.

1. BoyBlunder

BoyBlunder New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having a super hard time downgrading from CM7 RC2 on my OG droid to CM 6.1.2. getting force closes EVERYWHERE (facebook, going into audio settings, alarm clock). I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues?

here's my process:

backed up everything via TiBu
    boot into recovery -> wipe data/cache, formatted boot & system
    install CM 6.1.2 & gapps
    reboot
    cancel google account setup
    install TiBu
    install "GREEN" items from "system data" (not things that say 2.3.3 or whatever from CM7)
    install missing apps
    add google account

Facebook FCs on me. the alarm clock FCs on me. sound settings FCs on me.

I've tried running RomManager's fix permissions, but that doesn't fix anything either.

I can't take being on GB very much longer and want to go back to Froyo because of the way GB handles memory (constant closing out of things, etc). can anyone help?

FWIW, I also tried installing Liquid Frozen Yogurt and got the same thing.
  2. EAK

EAK Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Don't use TB to restore. Just use it for data of the apps. Most likely something gets restored that doesn't play nice.
  3. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Are you restoring the data with the apps? If so, that could be your issue. There were problems going from Froyo to GB, so I assume going from GB to Froyo could cause some problems as well.

Have you tried wiping and signing into google to let it restore your settings and apps (assuming you allowed it to backup your settings to a google account when you installed the GB ROM.) Then restore ONLY absolutely necessary data (not apps) using TIBU. I would still login fresh to programs like Twitter, FB, Foursquare, etc.
  4. BoyBlunder

BoyBlunder New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so should I just let the market download all my apps, and then use TiBu to restore the data? that won't cause the same issue? I don't understand how it wouldn't.
  5. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Personally, I wouldn't restore ANY data (except maybe for angry birds and stupid zombies:) )

But I put that in just in case there is something else you absolutely must have, but you're right let the market reinstall your apps and start the data from scratch.