CM7 pre alpha anyone?

jr313

Reaction score
Last edited:

pandabear

Reaction score
Well this is exciting. I've been waiting for CM7 since I got this phone. Gonna wait till I hear some feedback or a RC comes out. Still exciting to see all the progress thats been made so far dancedroid

OP
jr313

jr313

Reaction score
I actually have it installed and i have witnessed no problems so far...it very smooth and stable, just no 4g yet but i dnt use 4g unless i need it so i can save battery...im tryn to kill off my battery so i can recharge and wipe battery stats to see how much better battery life the phone will have without sense running in the back ground...i have noticed a difference so far in it as its not dying as quick as it was...so far im happy with it we shall see with a days use how im feeln bout it..

Last edited:

pandabear

Reaction score
I caved and decided to give it a quick test drive. Like you said, it's surprisingly smooth and stable for a pre-alpha release (not to mention all the CM7 goodies). I've heard the GPS is broken, but haven't got a chance to try that out yet

hogowner

Reaction score
I actually have it installed and i have witnessed no problems so far...it very smooth and stable, just no 4g yet but i dnt use 4g unless i need it so i can save battery...im tryn to kill off my battery so i can recharge and wipe battery stats to see how much better battery life the phone will have without sense running in the back ground...i have noticed a difference so far in it as its not dying as quick as it was...so far im happy with it we shall see with a days use how im feein bout it..

do you have the newest radio installed? if you do..load the stock one and 4g is working..also before you do that..try to toggle off and on airplane mode

OP
jr313

jr313

Reaction score
I actually have it installed and i have witnessed no problems so far...it very smooth and stable, just no 4g yet but i dnt use 4g unless i need it so i can save battery...im tryn to kill off my battery so i can recharge and wipe battery stats to see how much better battery life the phone will have without sense running in the back ground...i have noticed a difference so far in it as its not dying as quick as it was...so far im happy with it we shall see with a days use how im feein bout it..

do you have the newest radio installed? if you do..load the stock one and 4g is working..also before you do that..try to toggle off and on airplane mode
Cool thanks for the info bro i actually downgraded from the leaked radio cuz i wasnt getting any data but im gna give that a try..

MrKleen

Reaction score
You can have data on the old radio or the leaked radio. I am on the leaked radio and Cyanogenmod worked perfectly. However when you first get it running you have to flash Gapps. Then go in and turn the radio on if you don't have data. *#*#4636#*#* then set it to cdma auto... then reboot and 3g works great.

The rom worked wonderfully and I will switch to it as my main rom when it is finished. GPS and 4g are not working on this trial version, but everything else worked for me.

Very nice.