CM7 port?

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
CM7 was recently ported for the Motorola Defy, locked bootloader and all (source: a friends phone and XDA Developers). Is there a reason it could be done on the Defy but not the X?

Just curious...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Dr. Carpenter

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Lol no kidding. Tbh I didn't read through the thread at xda cause it was over 1000 posts so I'm not sure how they did it. And not even sure if I would use it if it was available... kinda waiting on gb liberty but would try it out for sure. Just seems odd to me that the defy, a "midgrade" phone can do it but the X can't. I don't really know enough about the dev stuff to even speculate on it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

deletion

Reaction score
I heard from another forum that they used something similar to the kexec that has already been tried on the x and works but someone has to write all the drivers to get everything to work. I have read up on it and it seems like a very, very complicated thing. However perhaps the devs on the defy found something that might be able to work on the Droid x. Only time will tell friends.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Yea, Motorola makes the best Droids IMO and it's too bad they don't unlock their bootloaders.... If you are willing to do something, here is a link for a petition to get Motorola to unlock their bootloaders... it's almost at 10k signatures and it was recently covered on Engadget.

Motorola Locked/Encrypted Bootloader Policy | groubal complaints