1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

CM7 on HTC Incredible

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DamnYankee, Nov 26, 2011.

1. DamnYankee

DamnYankee New Member

Hey all, probably a stupid question here, but I searched a few times, and the results were overwhelming, and didn't seem to be on point, so I'm venturing a new thread...

I have an HTC Incredible (not an INC2) that I rooted back in December of 2010 and put CM6.1.0 on it, and haven't looked back. Until today. I rooted my wife's new Droid Pro (thanks clueless77 and JackpotClavin) and put CM7 on it, and now I'm jealous :p

How do I go from CM6.1.0 to CM7?

My phone is currently running:
    Android Version 2.2.1
    Baseband Version 2.15.00.07.28
    Kernel Version 2.6.32.17-cyanogenmodkoush@Koushik-OSx86 #27
    Mod Version CyanogenMod-6.1.0-Inc
    Build Nnumber FRG83

I have Hboot and ROM Manager on the phone already, is it as easy as getting the CM7 zip (anyone have a link?) and using ROM Mgr, or do I need to go back to original, get Gingerbread, then start over?

Thanks in advance!
    DY
  2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

Read this: CyanogenMod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    My Droid Charge is on 2.2.1 Frayo and my Droid 2 is on 2.3.3 which is GB. I studied CM yesterday and learned that CM7 is for GB. So you will need GB on your phone to use CM7. CM6 is for Frayo. From what I learned once GB is on the phone you should be able to use what you have to install the CM7 zip.

I would read more about this in your specific phone forum for any particulars you may need.
  3. DamnYankee

DamnYankee New Member

I posted in there, too, thanks. Still trying to figure out all the different forums/sub forums here.
Search tags for this page

htc droid incredible mrom cm7

htc incredible verizo how to install cm7