CM7 on HTC Incredible

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DamnYankee, Nov 26, 2011.

1. DamnYankee

DamnYankee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all, probably a stupid question here, but I searched a few times, and the results were overwhelming, and didn't seem to be on point, so I'm venturing a new thread...

I have an HTC Incredible (not an INC2) that I rooted back in December of 2010 and put CM6.1.0 on it, and haven't looked back. Until today. I rooted my wife's new Droid Pro (thanks clueless77 and JackpotClavin) and put CM7 on it, and now I'm jealous :p

How do I go from CM6.1.0 to CM7?

My phone is currently running:
    Android Version 2.2.1
    Baseband Version 2.15.00.07.28
    Kernel Version 2.6.32.17-cyanogenmodkoush@Koushik-OSx86 #27
    Mod Version CyanogenMod-6.1.0-Inc
    Build Nnumber FRG83

I have Hboot and ROM Manager on the phone already, is it as easy as getting the CM7 zip (anyone have a link?) and using ROM Mgr, or do I need to go back to original, get Gingerbread, then start over?

Thanks in advance!
    DY

2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Read this: CyanogenMod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    My Droid Charge is on 2.2.1 Frayo and my Droid 2 is on 2.3.3 which is GB. I studied CM yesterday and learned that CM7 is for GB. So you will need GB on your phone to use CM7. CM6 is for Frayo. From what I learned once GB is on the phone you should be able to use what you have to install the CM7 zip.

I would read more about this in your specific phone forum for any particulars you may need.

3. DamnYankee

DamnYankee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I posted in there, too, thanks. Still trying to figure out all the different forums/sub forums here.

Search tags for this page

htc droid incredible mrom cm7

htc incredible verizo how to install cm7