CM7 Nightlies

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Give a few to settle in. It does help. Well I can't say for everyone it will. But it should.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
I am not saying its bad or anything. I have had it for atleast 2 weeks. I'm just saying don't expect any major changes/improvements.

CM74DX

iamkimosabi

Reaction score
The CM rom is based off Froyo am I correct? So SBF Flash back to Froyo and then install CM. None of the Droid X CM Rom's are based off Gingerbread?

meshdub

Reaction score
The CM rom is based off Froyo am I correct? So SBF Flash back to Froyo and then install CM. None of the Droid X CM Rom's are based off Gingerbread?

Yeah, it's based off Froyo kernel, so you need to sbf back to it.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sbf, or use the tbh all in one installer which imo is easier. No need for a pc.

CM74D2

iamkimosabi

Reaction score
So where do I get that at? Thanks in Advanced.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

HenryAMR

Reaction score
Please forgive me for the noobie questions lately but I am trying to learn as much as I can about this awesome phone and rom. Can someone please direct me to a thread or give a detailed list of instructions on how to properly flash these nightly updates? I tried it once but do not know if I did it right. Also, when I flash these updates do I need to re-download all my apps or do they automatically get put back on my phone? Thank you so much for everyone's help.

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its very easy. Download the latest nightly, Gapps, and the all in one fix by Razorloves.

If you are on Froyo, or a Froyo based ROM, use Droid 2 bootstrap and boot into Clockwork recovery.

Wipe data, cache and go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache.

Then go to install zip from SD Card and then choose the zip file. Install the nightly first, then the other 2 files. Reboot and you are done.

Once you are on CM7 and want to flash a new nightly, just wipe cache and dalvik cache, then flash the new nightly, gapps and all in one fix. You don't have to wipe data.

CM74DX

HenryAMR

Reaction score
Its very easy. Download the latest nightly, Gapps, and the all in one fix by Razorloves.

If you are on Froyo, or a Froyo based ROM, use Droid 2 bootstrap and boot into Clockwork recovery.

Wipe data, cache and go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache.

Then go to install zip from SD Card and then choose the zip file. Install the nightly first, then the other 2 files. Reboot and you are done.

Once you are on CM7 and want to flash a new nightly, just wipe cache and dalvik cache, then flash the new nightly, gapps and all in one fix. You don't have to wipe data.

CM74DX

Thank you so much. So I do not have to re-download any of my apps?

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are already on a nightly, then no. Just wipe cache and dalvik cache and flash.

CM74DX

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are in Clockwork Recovery (green lettering in black background) it will say wipe cache I believe. It is the option right under wipe data/factory reset.

Dalvik cache is under advanced, which is the last option on the main screen.

CM74DX

HenryAMR

Reaction score
If you are in Clockwork Recovery (green lettering in black background) it will say wipe cache I believe. It is the option right under wipe data/factory reset.

Dalvik cache is under advanced, which is the last option on the main screen.

CM74DX

Thank you so much....again!