CM7 Nightlies

barski

Reaction score
Ever since updating to nightly 42 my data connection has been very sketchy. It will sit on 2 bars of 1x, then drop to no bars and no data connection. Sometimes it will show 4 bars of 3G then drop to nothing and no service, then back to 1x. :icon_evil:

I updated to 43 today hoping to solve these issues but it didn't.

Anyone else have these problem? I'm on baseband .07

Solution: do a clean install?

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ever since updating to nightly 42 my data connection has been very sketchy. It will sit on 2 bars of 1x, then drop to no bars and no data connection. Sometimes it will show 4 bars of 3G then drop to nothing and no service, then back to 1x. :icon_evil:

Mine is pretty good. Other than it saying I have no bars in an area where I have -50 dbm. It doesn't mess with my data though.

I did do a full wipe since I was coming from SSX though.

CM74DX

barski

Reaction score

Mine is pretty good. Other than it saying I have no bars in an area where I have -50 dbm. It doesn't mess with my data though.

CM74DX

Just backed up all my apps and data, rebooted back in to make sure i didn't forget anything and guess what? Data is now working just like before. If it does it again it'll get a clean install.

cubsfan187

Reaction score

CM74DX

Just backed up all my apps and data, rebooted back in to make sure i didn't forget anything and guess what? Data is now working just like before. If it does it again it'll get a clean install.

You can always upgrade the baseband to .12p and that will help the data connection as well as battery life a little. Not a big gain but it does make a little difference.

Blacksantron

Reaction score

CM74DX

You can always upgrade the baseband to .12p and that will help the data connection as well as battery life a little. Not a big gain but it does make a little difference.

How do I find what my baseband is and how to I update or change if necessary?

Edit: I just looked in about phone and in baseband its a bunch of numbers that ends with 7P. I'm on 7 I assume.. How do I make it 12?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

barski

Reaction score

CM74DX

How do I go about upgrading to .12p baseband and stay on CM7? Thanks

iamkimosabi

Reaction score
I seem to be losing 3g connection in areas where I normally have GREAT signal. Every once in a while I lose data signal, and i'll have to go to Airplane mode, and then turn it back off in order for it to restart the connection. Anyone else have this problem?

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Here is the .12p baseband file. It's all thanks to P3! I'm just passing it along. Flash it CW and that will help with the signal and data problems! :icon_ banana:

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Here is the .12p baseband file. It's all thanks to P3! I'm just passing it along. Flash it CW and that will help with the signal and data problems! :icon_ banana:

Thanks cubsfan... rocking 12P now... Lets see if this helps at all.
Hey will this increase tethering speeds possibly?

Sent from my Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated DROID X @ 1.25

Last edited:

barski

Reaction score

Thanks. now downloading. will report back with results.

After upgrading to the .12P baseband, im getting better service pretty much everywhere. Battery life seems the same.

Last edited:
OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks cubsfan... rocking 12P now... Lets see if this helps at all.
Hey will this increase tethering speeds possibly?

Sent from my Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated DROID X @ 1.25

I haven't noticed a change.

CM74DX

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Give a few to settle in. It does help. Well I can't say for everyone it will. But it should.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
That I'm not sure about. I can try looking around and see what's out there.