CM7 Nightlies

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Chefb, flash nightly 34. It fixes the random reboots. I kept getting a ton of reboots on 33 and terrible battery. 34 is way better.

CM74DX

chefb

Reaction score
Nice .....I was looking for changelog for it butc I don't think that they do them. I thought it might had been the theme.

razorloves

Reaction score
I am 99% sure i have isolated the reason for the bad battery issue surrounding cm4dx. When i reboot into recovery and select wipe battery stats, it is NOT wiping them. So I found an app that does it. Its called battery calibration. I charged my phone to 100% and then opened up the app and hit calibrate battery. My battery life seems to be back to what I used to get. Please try this out and let me know if it works for you all, and i have posted this in one other post i am not spamming i am trying to get people to try this to see if they had any luck like i did. please post results it would make me feel better about posting this
It IS wiping the battery stats. It's just not letting you know that it has done so. It is a known issue and has a fix currently being reviewed. See here Gerrit Code Review

chefb

Reaction score
Did any one have to download clockwork mod in Roman manger to flash a Tom through it....cuz it prompts me to do so.

hacku

Reaction score
Did any one have to download clockwork mod in Roman manger to flash a Tom through it....cuz it prompts me to do so.

If you want to be able to download the nightlies in ROM Manager, you have to flash Droid X (2nd-init) to be able to see them.

hacku

Reaction score
Assuming you have ROM Manager installed go ahead and launch the app.

At the very top press where it says Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. You'll get a list of phone models and you're going to choose Droid X (2nd-init). That will flash the appropriate recovery to allow you to see the CM7 nightlies for the Droid X.

PARick

Reaction score
Assuming you have ROM Manager installed go ahead and launch the app.

At the very top press where it says Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. You'll get a list of phone models and you're going to choose Droid X (2nd-init). That will flash the appropriate recovery to allow you to see the CM7 nightlies for the Droid X.

Thanks! I was getting ROM Manager update notifications, but they were for builds 133....etc. I knew they could not have been mine. This is a big help!

PARick

Reaction score
To me, 35 was way better than 34 just from a reboot standpoint. I'll stick with 35 unless someone convinces me to go with 36.

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am on 36 right now. It seems to be doing well, but I can't comment on battery life yet. No reboots yet.

CM74DX

barski

Reaction score
I'm also on 36, the battery life is better on 36 than 35, but 34 had the best battery life.

i just flashed 36 this morning. before i flashed it i was down to 80% in 2 hours on 35. Now im at 49 with 5hours 53 minutes. so about 30% used in about 4 hours. light to moderate use.