CM7 Nightlies

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to say that other than one or two little glitches, this really is an epic ROM. I was skeptical after trying Liberty on Froyo and having nothing but problems with it, but this OS really does rock.

I do notice that batter life is a little off. One minute it is at 40% and the next it is at 5%, so I plug it in and it goes up to 50%... And that is after wiping battery stats and using the battery calibration app... I dunno, this Seido battery is a year old, so maybe it is getting wonky...

Only real issues other than that is I wish they would fix the camera button, and I noticed last night at the gym that I would be listening to music with the standard Android Music widget, but after a couple minutes it would switch to a different player, the media server app I think, and it would no longer be set to play random. It was weird, never saw or even heard of that before.

LewD1

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with getting the notification light to work?

crwys

Reaction score
I have to say that other than one or two little glitches, this really is an epic ROM. I was skeptical after trying Liberty on Froyo and having nothing but problems with it, but this OS really does rock.

I do notice that batter life is a little off. One minute it is at 40% and the next it is at 5%, so I plug it in and it goes up to 50%... And that is after wiping battery stats and using the battery calibration app... I dunno, this Seido battery is a year old, so maybe it is getting wonky...

Only real issues other than that is I wish they would fix the camera button, and I noticed last night at the gym that I would be listening to music with the standard Android Music widget, but after a couple minutes it would switch to a different player, the media server app I think, and it would no longer be set to play random. It was weird, never saw or even heard of that before.

The battery bug I am not getting.
But I can relate to you on the camera and music problem.
When listening to music on the stock app. Go to the camera app (or any other camera app) when trying to zoom in, the song will stop, dsp will force close, then it will skip to the next song. This problem also happens when you click on the picture to view from the camera app.

Still love the ROM though. Thank you devs.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
So what is the difference between the Nightlies from CM7's download page, and the ones that pop up in ROM Toolbox under RevNumbers Nightlies?

Are the ones from CM7 still using the Froyo kernel, while Rev's use GB? He only updates his once or twice a week, so I was curious...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yes that is correct. Officials are on froyo and Rev's on GB. I think he does do literal nightlies but only posts the ones with significant changes but dont quote me on that.

chiruscan

Reaction score
I thought the officials were based on GB but needed Froyo to be able to flash?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I thought the officials were based on GB but needed Froyo to be able to flash?

That is correct. The officials require the same kernel as froyo. The unofficials do not.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

creaky

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems getting your pc to recognize the sd card when plugged in via USB? In the past if I toggled USB debugging and USB mass storage I would get the pc to recognize the card but nothing will work. I've had to resort to taking the sd card out and plugging it in to an adapter. Any ideas? (I'm on nightly 113 about to move to 119.)

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]

VictorS

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems getting your pc to recognize the sd card when plugged in via USB? In the past if I toggled USB debugging and USB mass storage I would get the pc to recognize the card but nothing will work. I've had to resort to taking the sd card out and plugging it in to an adapter. Any ideas? (I'm on nightly 113 about to move to 119.)

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]

Never met bevor

maybe it will be solved after you flash it again