CM7 issues

Azazel

Reaction score
I tried flashing CM7 and thought i did it right but apparently not, i am stuck on a bootloop now and when i press power+down to get to the clockworkmod boot screen all i get is this all black screen that says Bootloader D2.37 battery OK ready to program connect USB data cable. I have been at this for hours trying figure out how to get off this screen.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
To get into clockwork you need to press the down volume key after you power on. While the M logo is showing a blue led will flash; press the down volume key then.

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
I went through that whole process, I actually bricked it but I managed to unbrick it and reroot after putting it back on gb. What is a safe rom bc every one I've found has bricked my phone and the unbricking process takes almost 2 hours so its not something I enjoy doing even tho it is fairly easy

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I went through that whole process, I actually bricked it but I managed to unbrick it and reroot after putting it back on gb. What is a safe rom bc every one I've found has bricked my phone and the unbricking process takes almost 2 hours so its not something I enjoy doing even tho it is fairly easy

It's not the ROM. You're not properly installing it. Are you clearing data and cache?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
Yeah clearing data and cache, had a nandroid backup ready. You are probably right that It was a user error but I was pretty meticulous to not skip anything. Or so I thought.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah clearing data and cache, had a nandroid backup ready. You are probably right that It was a user error but I was pretty meticulous to not skip anything. Or so I thought.

Where did you download the ROM from? Since you are running GB you need to make sure you flash the one that is intended for it.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Where did you download the ROM from? Since you are running GB you need to make sure you flash the one that is intended for it.

If I'm not mistaken, RevNumbers builds were built on the GB leak, not the OTA. That said, you can find a thread over on RootzWiki.com with the appropriate, up-to-date download.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
If I'm not mistaken, RevNumbers builds were built on the GB leak, not the OTA. That said, you can find a thread over on RootzWiki.com with the appropriate, up-to-date download.

Can't remember if it was leak or OTA (been too long to be sure) but he was the one doing the GB builds.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can't remember if it was leak or OTA (been too long to be sure) but he was the one doing the GB builds.

There are a few, including RevNumbers, that are supposedly working hard on CM9 for the D2. PhantomGamers has been throwing out updated CM7 builds.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
There are a few, including RevNumbers, that are supposedly working hard on CM9 for the D2. PhantomGamers has been throwing out updated CM7 builds.

Very cool for D2 users, I am liking ICS personally. Hopefully they can get something working nicely for you guys.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I responded in your other thread, but it seems that you are likely not doing the install correctly. I really recommend that you watch a vid all the way through on youtube on how to do it, then go step by step along with the vid.

1. Install the zip to sd. Make sure it is the correct version for your phone. If you use the wrong version you will have to SBF and start all over again.

2. Use droid 2 bootstrapper. Run the first option to Bootstrap recovery, then once successful, run the option to reboot. You will now be in recovery.

3. Wipe Cache, Wipe Data, go into advanced options and Wipe Dalvik cache

4. Now go to install zip from sd card, and choose the zip. It's best if you don't have it in any sub-directories, just in mnt/sdcard so that it will be easier to find. Select it and it will run and reboot.

5. Once the phone reboots if for some reason it doesn't go right into CM7/MIUI or whatever Rom you choose to run, pull the battery, power on, then press down vol key on the moto logo when the blue led flashes and repeat step 3 above, then restart the phone again and you should be good to go.

OP
A

Azazel

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for a the help, ill be honest I'm just not gonna try flash any roms. It has bricked my phone like 5 times. Although this has made me an expert unbricking droid2s it is still annoying to go through the process.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Technically you didn't brick it, you just made it working impaired :happy3:

Anyway, you should check out some of the You Tube vids and try again when you have some free time. If you ask around the forums there are even some people who will get on the phone with you or whatever and walk you through it all. With what's happening I really think you might have the wrong version of CM for your phone because it sounds like you did things right, but I can't say for sure without knowing exactly what you did.

Good luck again if you decide to try again.