1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

CM7 is great, but now my 3g will just cut out randomly

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by B.Eggy, Oct 4, 2011.

1. B.Eggy

B.Eggy New Member

CM7 on my moto droid 1st gen, now the 3g just dies for no reason, the icon goes from green to white. Airplane mode on and off usually fixes the problem, but it keeps happening all the time.
    I've read this is a common issue but how can I fix it? Do I need to flash something new? I've read about 12p baseband radio dunno if I need it or how to setup...

Any ideas on how to fix this guys?? Thank u.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. googlelover

googlelover New Member

Its a known bug on the Droid 1 for gingerbread, and so far there have been many fixes that have been implemented in the CM code, but all have been a hit or miss kinda thing, like one fix will work for some phones, but kill data on others. AFAIK there is no fix if your phone decides not to work. Don't know about new basebands as I haven't looked at/heard of any new ones being released, don't remember the old ones from the newer ones either.
  3. B.Eggy

B.Eggy New Member

fml

it keeps happening like every ten minutes sometimes, somtimes it will still be working.
    i dont really know squat about how the radio uprgrades work or what a baseband or kernel is.
    i need to get this fixed tho, everything about rooting and flashing roms and messing around with different builds
    i learned on this forum and others.
    maybe an admin in the cm7 forums here or someone else can help me

HELP!!! MAYDAY!!!! @ xmypetrockx@netscape.net
  4. 666ogre666

666ogre666 New Member

Well the issue was 3g dropping out after a call and that's been fixed by CVPCS. Your issue sounds different, id try a reinstall.

5. 666ogre666

666ogre666 New Member

Also baseband should be C_01.43.01P

6. martytoo

martytoo New Member

So if you don't have 3G how do you figure that it's great? Tony the Tiger says Kellogg's Sugar Frosted Flakes are great too.... ;-)
  7. AFX

AFX New Member

I've been using Project Elite for months and have had no 3g issues whatsoever. I decided to switch to CM7 to try it out, and I like it, but the 3g issues have been abundant for me. I'm losing 3g, missing calls and missing texts constantly. I'm using the latest nightly. Is there any other fix, or is it just hit or miss for each phone? I'm probably going to have to go back to PE if I can't get this figured out.
  8. shazam_it

shazam_it New Member

I'm having the same issues, just not only with 3g but also wifi. It only started a few builds ago. I've resorted to just rebooting the phone. I know when its actually not working because it'll be trying to sync.
Search tags for this page
3g galaxy nexus keeps cutting out
3g data cuts out
3g cuts out fascinate cyanogenmod

cm7 3g fix

cm7 3g fix droid x2
cm7 3g not stable

cm7 fix 3g

droid x2 cm7 3g issues
fix 3g after turn off wifi on cm7
incredible cm7 fix 3g
net 10 3g cuts out fix