1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

CM7 Install problem

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by ihf, Mar 19, 2012.

1. ihf

ihf New Member

I have a Droid 2 running Android 2.3.3 Kernel 2.6.32.9. I successfully rooted the phone, did a full backup using Titanium and using ROM Manager I did the Backup Current ROM and Flash ClockworkMod Recovery (it now says I have ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0.) In ROM mananger I went to Download ROM and to CyanogenMod but there is nothing listed so I downloaded cm-7.2.0 and placed it on the SDcard. I then went to Install ROM from SD card and selected the .zip file. I did not elect to wipe data (not sure if that was essential) after which the phone reboots without ever showing the bootloader. Can anyone please tell me where I went wrong in this process?
  2. brad92

brad92 New Member

First off, you tried to install a Froyo kernel ROM over Gingerbread which alone is enough to soft brick your phone. Secondly, any time you flash a new ROM, you need to wipe data unless it specifically says you don't have to or you're flashing a newer version on top of an older version.

You will need to sbf.

X
  3. ihf

ihf New Member

Are you saying that CM-7.2.0 is the wrong version of CM for my phone and it's current kernel? The phone works fine now although unchanged aside from being rooted. What is the easiest way to get CM installed?
  4. brad92

brad92 New Member

Search tags for this page
cm7 droid x
cm7 install error
droid x cm7 error kernel
droidx2 2.3.3 cm7

error installing cm7

flash cm7 to rooted droid 2

how to install cm7 droid x

how to install cm7.1 on droid pro
install cm7 on droid 3