CM7 Error, wont boot past moto logo, Help?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just in case you need some help w/the steps;

Tutorial/Walkthrough for flashing an .sbf to Droid 2 (unrooting/factory restore) - xda-developers

This is important...get into bootloader:

8. You now need to put your phone in bootload mode. In order to do so, power down your phone. Slide open your keyboard, hold the "up" key (the arrow closest to the enter button), and power on your phone. You should come up with a black background and text with something along the line of d2.35 and usb okay.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Further question, what do you think went wrong when I flashed CM7? I got the download directly from ROM manager and I was using a stock (of course rooted) rom and kernel, and it even booted successfully once. I did remove some bloatware using titanium backup... but I doubt that was it...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

There is no bloatware in CM7...the whole point of CM7 is that you no longer have bloatware, only CM7! :)

What did you remove? You should only freeze, rather than remove apps, much safer, and will not cause problems.

OP
X

xm0067

Reaction score
Further question, what do you think went wrong when I flashed CM7? I got the download directly from ROM manager and I was using a stock (of course rooted) rom and kernel, and it even booted successfully once. I did remove some bloatware using titanium backup... but I doubt that was it...

There is no bloatware in CM7...the whole point of CM7 is that you no longer have bloatware, only CM7! :)

What did you remove? You should only freeze, rather than remove apps, much safer, and will not cause problems.

Just stupid stuff like skype mobile, amazon mp3... I think I got rid of social network and blockbuster too

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
None of that bloat is in CM, those are all stock rom apps....I'm kind of lost as to what you did now. :)

OP
X

xm0067

Reaction score
Im saying that from the stock rom I went to CM7 and it didn't work and I had to sbf. What went wrong?

tattedupboy

Reaction score
I tried to flash one of those nightlies too, and I too couldn't get past the motorola boot logo, and couldn't access the nandroid backup I had made either, so I ended up having tob SBF. No more nightlies for me!

neveez

Reaction score
I'm running into a similar problem, however I get CyanogenMOD to boot, and I can use it. Once I reboot, I lose clockworkmod recovery and have to SBF. EVERY. TIME. I use rom manager to flash to recovery once I boot up that first time, and then I run the bootstrapper again, but without fail every time I end up SBFing. Any ideas as to what I'm missing?

Jester822

Reaction score
I'm running into a similar problem, however I get CyanogenMOD to boot, and I can use it. Once I reboot, I lose clockworkmod recovery and have to SBF. EVERY. TIME. I use rom manager to flash to recovery once I boot up that first time, and then I run the bootstrapper again, but without fail every time I end up SBFing. Any ideas as to what I'm missing?

Do not use bootstrap with cm7 or cm7 based roms. With these you just do it straight up through RM.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

Do not use bootstrap with cm7 or cm7 based roms. With these you just do it straight up through RM.

Correct. Or hold the power button, select reboot and then select recovery.

CM74DX

neveez

Reaction score

CM74DX

So all I need to do is not bootstrap? Wow, I feel dumb. I seriously must have SBF'd 5 or 6 times. ON my way back to CM7, thanks all.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

So all I need to do is not bootstrap? Wow, I feel dumb. I seriously must have SBF'd 5 or 6 times. ON my way back to CM7, thanks all.

Yeah, bootstrap is bad with CM7. ;)

CM74DX